  • Re: Do we even *want* perfect competition?

    [quote] http://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/normal_profit.asp#axzz221pvwyxz - Normal profit means economic profit. We know that economic profit is always greater than accounting profit. Yet if accounting is normal + new capital, that means it's greater than economic. Contradiction.[/quote] Economic profit and accounting profit are separate concepts
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by sarah73 on Sun, Jul 29 2012
  • Re: Do we even *want* perfect competition?

    Perfect competition doesn't mean "no profit". Firms still run an accounting profit equal to: the cost of buying new capital to compete with other firms + the normal profit (which is the compensation the entrenpreneur demands to maintain their current labor effort given other opportunities to employ that labor). Firms run an accounting
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by sarah73 on Sun, Jul 29 2012
  • Re: Internet surveillance

    I appreciate the response. I was going more for the first possibility, a client who signs a non disclosure agreement with the ISP. I understand that libertarians tend to support a "compensatory" (I don't think that's the right word, so forgive me) legal system where, say, someone who steals $100 must pay back $100 to the victim plus
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by sarah73 on Sun, Jul 29 2012
  • Internet surveillance

    I don't know if this is the right forum, but I have a question about internet surveillance in a libertarian society. Obviously privacy is an entitlement and not a right, so as long as people respect each other's property there is nothing wrong with open flow of information. So say a company wants private information on an internet service provider's
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by sarah73 on Sun, Jul 29 2012
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | More Search Options