  • 2 issues/questions on Free Trade vs Protectionism

    Hello everyone. I have two questions on economics and especially on International Trade: Free trade vs Protectionism. I would appreciate it if you could help me understand. (they are beginner's questions) - Subject A Suppose there are two countries, USA and Japan who produce the same cars at market price 10,000$. US government impose a 10% tariff
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Sun, Mar 12 2017
  • Illegal Drugs and China

    Hi. I would like your opinion about war on drugs, and especially in China. A friend of mine told me that although in China laws about production, distribution and use of drugs are extremelly strict, China achieved to vanish or keep those activities in very low percentages. I don't know where did he read that, but what's your opinion about China
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Sun, Oct 6 2013
  • Conservative Libertarians

    I observe that there is a category of individuals that call themselves Conservative* Libertarians . They explain this by supporting libertarian economic policies and conservative social policies. Can this be consistent? In theory, maybe they achieve this, but what about in real world? When it comes to decide about an issue, wouldn't they have to
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LandJ on Sun, Oct 6 2013
  • Demand creates Supply or Supply creates Demand?

    Since I am new in free market economics, I do not understand something. Others claim that Demand creates Supply (Keynsians or am I wrong?), while Austrian economics say that Supply creates Demand* . Can someone explain this to me, please? If Demand creates Supply is wrong? If so, why? Let's say for example, there is an entrepreneur who understood
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Sun, Oct 6 2013
  • Re: Professional Military

    I do believe that mandatory military service is immoral in principle. Furthermore, with voluntary service, people who will not choose to service will work in other areas to contribute to the economy. But I am asking about economics in comparison with a mandatory service. How can it be justified that voluntary military service will be less costly per
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Sat, Apr 13 2013
  • Professional Military

    In Greece there is still mandatory military service for men. Friedman talked about mercenary military. Surely, professional soldiers provide better services than those who are enforced to do it. But both options are paid from the taxpayers. Some claim that a mercenary military will be less costly than the mandatory. a . Can you explain this? Additional
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Fri, Apr 12 2013
  • Trade balance and Fiscal Policy

    Mercantilists and Protectionists claim that surplus in trade balance is the ultimate goal. Is that true? To justify this, they offer as an example Germany. But if this is true, then all the subsidies to local businesses, infant industries and high tariffs seem to be necessary. a. Do Libertarians believe that a trade deficit is not the problem? If so
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Fri, Apr 12 2013
  • Re: Would you support a military coup?

    Pinochet opened Chilean economy. He applied Chicago Boys' policies. Before him, Alliente restricted extremely economic transactions of Chilean citizens. That's why I asked if you would support Pinochet's coup (with all his murders etc), in order to prevent Aliente make things worse. In other words, my question is if you would support the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LandJ on Fri, Apr 12 2013
  • Re: Asking about Nazi Germany Economy

    To whom Nazi government were indebted?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Fri, Apr 12 2013
  • Would you support a military coup?

    Would you support a military coup and its paternalistic policies in order to provide economic freedom? Consider, that under such conditions, the dictator will restrict individual freedom and civil liberties. Moreover, opponents may get killed or imprisoned. Take Pinochet's junta as an example. He restricted and killed people. - Do you support PInochet'
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LandJ on Tue, Apr 9 2013
Page 1 of 8 (71 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options