  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    SD, why are you so damn scared by Bitcoin? I like it so much seeing how you have been slammed by history in these past years :-D
    Posted to General (Forum) by Dusty on Tue, May 7 2013
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    A backed currency can do everything an unbacked currency can (except possibly greater anonymity) Except that storage is expensive for traditional backed currencies. Except that confiscation is possible for traditional backed currencies. Except that transaction between people requires a third party that may have political reasons for not allowing it
    Posted to General (Forum) by Dusty on Sat, Oct 6 2012
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    But that's only true by virtue of government interference! There is nothing stopping gold/cash/etc. from being wired anywhere in the world using exactly the same protocol as Bitcoin itself. So why it is that it is not possible yet, while bitcoin is already now, all over the world? You see the difference? No, it really doesn't. You can transfer
    Posted to General (Forum) by Dusty on Sat, Oct 6 2012
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    An interesting article just posted yesterday on Forbes by Jon Matonis that also remember us the story of e-gold: "Bitcoin Prevents Monetary Tyranny" excerpts: Bitcoin is not about making rapid global transactions with little or no fee. Bitcoin is about preventing monetary tyranny. That is its raison d’être. [...] Just as the Second
    Posted to General (Forum) by Dusty on Fri, Oct 5 2012
  • Re: The Economics Of Bitcoin – Challenging Mises’ Regression Theorem

    ladyattis: The point of my post is that there is nothing I can buy with bitcoins. I can't pay my Eve online subscription in bitcoins. I can't buy porn with bitcoins. I can't buy a burger with bitcoins. I can't buy anything from Amazon with bitcoins. And so on. It seems like you really haven't researched the subject very well ;-)
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Dusty on Mon, Aug 27 2012
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | More Search Options