  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"]Interest is merely the discount applied to future goods when valued presently, given the fact of positive time preference, and is the price the lender charges. The lender charges interest in order to insure what they get back is not worth less to them than the money at present. That's all there is to it.[/quote
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Mon, Oct 6 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"]But you're not being sufficiently subjectivist. Anything can be a good, provided it is seen by an economic agent as a means to an end. Even fiat money conforms to this definition, even if it is forced upon individuals and other monies outlawed. At any rate, economic analysis pertaining to money is an extension
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Mon, Oct 6 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    Sorry, bad font choice. I do not know how to change this.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Mon, Oct 6 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="niphtrique"]To me zero interest is very sound, because an untrustworthy individual is not deterred by higher interest rates.[/quote] Maybe the most fundamental cause for moral hazard to exist, is the existence of interest on money. This is just my point of view. Natural money was not invented by Silvio Gesell. It existed for thousands
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Mon, Oct 6 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"]I'm not annoyed. I just feel that I am not getting something through to you, namely that interest has nothing to do with money.[/quote] To me, interest is a return on capital. Maybe we do agree on that. [quote user="Jon Irenicus"]BTW, money cannot but be a good, whatever form it takes.[/quote] Maybe
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Mon, Oct 6 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"]For the last time, loanable funds are not money, even if they are represented by it. A supply at a fixed price is still a supply, though. Interest is not the price of money.[/quote] I will answer the loanable funds question now, because I think I understand now what you mean. When you bring money to the bank, and
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Mon, Oct 6 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"][quote]If money is a commodity, it is a form of capital. But there is a twist. If you assume money to be a commodity, you assume money to be capital. As we have seen, money can be anything, even only an agreement. Natural money should therefore not be capital.[/quote]Why shouldn't it be?[/quote] If people choose
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sun, Oct 5 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="corpus delicti"]You are dodging the issue. You said it yourself, what is important is what it does! Blood does something, it is a medium of exchange. Not amongst humans, but amongst muscles. What is exchanged is oxygen. Oxygen enables glycosis in order to provide a muscle with energi. No energy, no action. Muscles can store some
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sun, Oct 5 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="corpus delicti"]The only way to ensure non-inflation is redeemability. For a monetary system of Natural Money to work you must first assume: Non-redeemability. Otherwise no one would hold Natural Money. Hence, we can infer that Natural Money would inherently be prone to inflation. Unless of course if we assume pure benevolent
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sun, Oct 5 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    I will not say it is sound money like gold. There are of course options to insure the managers of this currency are not inflating the supply of WSSs. I also stated that when you make loans, you should make provisions to ensure the value of the loan. Apart from you not liking the idea, we do agree that this is not a store of value. (something went wrong
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sun, Oct 5 2008
Page 4 of 7 (69 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options