  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="corpus delicti"]What kind of imbecile would mistake Wörgl Stamp Scrips (WSSs) for sound money. You cannot redeem any of the 40,000 Austrian Schillings backing the currency. You have no way to be sure that the managers of this currency are not inflating the supply of WSSs. In fact the whole idea of stamping each note every
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sun, Oct 5 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="corpus delicti"]It is not blood qua blood that matters and you know this perfectly well. It is the function of blood that matters, i.e. to transport blood cells (red blood cells) transporting oxygen to all the body's muscles (e.g. organs) and (white blood cells) to compat infections. And so we gather blood is a medium of exchange

    Example of natural money system: http://www.newciv.org/nl/newslog.php/_v105/__show_article/_a000105-000002.htm Laboratory readings: Wörgl's Stamp Scrip – The Threat of a Good Example? Wörgl's Stamp Scrip – The Threat of a Good Example? 12 comments 26 Jun 2002 @ 01:50, by Martin Oliver On July 5th 1932, in the middle of
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sun, Oct 5 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    I think I agree with Austrians on many points, or at least the following: - capital should earn interest - government should leave markets alone - fractional reserve banking is not a wise thing The only difference is: Should money earn interest? And therefore: is money the same as capital? <B>Systems theory perspective</B> Try to imagine
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sun, Oct 5 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="niphtrique"]Sorry for my lousy calculation and lack of explanation: Day 1: Money supply $10, debt $10. So the employer says, in a generous mood, I give you all the money I have for your work, being $10. But $ 10 debt still remains. Day 2: Money supply $10, debt $20. Because the employee needs $10 to live through the day, he again
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sat, Oct 4 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="krazy kaju"]There's nothing wrong with the charging of interest. If there are only two people in the world, you and I, and I loan you $10 with 5% interest, you can work for me and make enough money to pay me back all of the loan.[/quote] At least there is no moral problem. But there is a practical problem in my opinion: to
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sat, Oct 4 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"]No, I mean you can lend anything out, e.g. a car, and expect more (e.g. the car plus some corn) in repayment for what you lent out, given that you were deprived from using the good during the time it was lent out.[/quote] As I have said before, capital should earn interest. That is only natural. A car is a form of
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sat, Oct 4 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"]But it isn't a price control on money... it's a price control on loanable funds. Anything can be loaned.[/quote] If you borrow a car and pay money for it, I do not see the problem. The car was already in existence and can not be created out of thin air. [quote user="Jon Irenicus"]Indeed, but it
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sat, Oct 4 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"] [quote]Therefore you should never trust fiat money. Therefore natural money is just money and should not be a store of value. If you want to store value, and you choose not to lend the money at 0% avoiding the tax, and you choose not to buy stock, you are free to buy gold.[/quote] This is the bit that throws me
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sat, Oct 4 2008
  • Re: Natural economic order

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"] [quote]This is what this discussion is about. It is more about systems theory than about economics. Systems theory and economics are conflicting on some points. Economic statements do not always make sense in the real world.[/quote] Indeed. Especially considering that most of modern economics is built off the idea
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sat, Oct 4 2008
Page 5 of 7 (69 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | More Search Options