  • Re: Question on value free method

    Hey Clayton, where is the 'elsewhere" you've written about this. Method is so interesting to me.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kaasproav on Fri, May 3 2013
  • Re: Question on value free method

    So a good litmus test for any technology being moral or immoral is if its even possible to be used in self-defense?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kaasproav on Fri, May 3 2013
  • Re: Question on value free method

    So if i'm trying to make the argument that technology has no moral sense, it's amoral and that its simply the actions of an individual with that technology that is bad would that make sense? For example, a gun is neither intrinsically good or intrinsically bad. But if an evil man comes along and murders someone it's not the gun's fault
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kaasproav on Fri, May 3 2013
  • Question on value free method

    So I'm a very visual person and sometimes an outline and hierarchy helps me understand concepts. In Rothbard's Mantle of Science he points out that if there are means and ends, the different types of studies of human action are simply different aspects of looking at means and ends. I'll let him explain: We have already begun to build the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kaasproav on Fri, May 3 2013
  • New Austro-Libertarian Website up

    Hey everyone! My brother and I have launched our Austro-Libertarian website. I hope you check it out. It's TheGammaWave.com if you would like to write for it just email me at [email protected] . If you have any suggestions or comments also email me. Anyway I hope you check it out.
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by Kaasproav on Wed, May 1 2013
  • The Question of Choice...HELP!

    I keep getting in debates with my philosophy teacher who comes from a sympathic background to Marx, Beavoir, and Hegel. The main question she has for me is that of 'choice'. I argue that poor people have the choice between a terrible job in a sweat shop, prostitution, and poverty, since they are in the sweat shop (given there is no coercion
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kaasproav on Wed, Apr 24 2013
  • Re: Writers needed for an An-Cap Website my brother and I started

    Awesome. Thanks so much. I'll let you know when I use your stuff and I will attribute it to you
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by Kaasproav on Tue, Apr 23 2013
  • Writers needed for an An-Cap Website my brother and I started

    Hi, My brother and I started a new blog that is opinion/news/commentary. It's An-Cap, or if you are liberty oriented that's good too. Anyway, we want to have an active web presence, which means frequent updates. My brother and I are too busy to do all of it by ourselves, and thought that if we had contributers, it'd make the burden on us
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by Kaasproav on Tue, Apr 23 2013
  • Where can i subscribe to the QJAE!?

    Hi, I really want to subscribe to a libertarian and/or austrian scholarly journal. It'd be nice to have a printed version of the Mises daily website every 3 months. I was wondering if its even possible to subscribe and if it is where do i do it? Thanks. I've been looking for so long!!!!!
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by Kaasproav on Thu, Feb 28 2013
  • Rothbard on Tax Deductions

    (Excerpt at the bottom) I meant to add this to my "privatized license" (sorry about that contradiction) email. Rothbard talks about how tax deduction are not the same as direct subsidies. But economically can't tax deductions be distortionary in the government's favor? For example, with the whole hybrid car boondoggle (I gotta admit
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kaasproav on Sat, Oct 20 2012
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options