  • Re: We are NOT born Libertarian!

    Who the fuck is 'MissMapleLeaf'? And people aren't born 'believing in freedom', they're born believeing in themselves, and their tribe.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Nov 7 2012
  • Re: We are NOT born Libertarian!

    [quote]Man thinks autonomously. Are you meaning to imply that man has an innate fetish towards what he percieves within his own faculty as a collective will? Because that claim seems wholly unsubstantiated by your post.[/quote] Man has an innate tendency toward tribalism. Here is my other post on the subject: http://mises.org/community/forums/p/32316
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Nov 7 2012
  • Re: The 'ELITE' don't control shit - Enough of this nonsense.

    [quote]Please, explain to me what problems - not of government origin - were solved by the creation of the EU. The UN. Why should political systems be aggregated more and more? Why should political systems never be disaggregated? What is the sanctity and wisdom of ever-greater scales of government?[/quote] You ask this of me as if you think I am in
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Nov 7 2012
  • Re: The 'ELITE' don't control shit - Enough of this nonsense.

    [quote]... would be a libertarian by any measure, if we could magically time-transport him to the present. That is the human being in his natural habitat... what evolutionary psychologists call the Ancestral Environment. While we would have a hard time explaining the benefits of specialization and the division-of-labor to him, he would instinctively
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Nov 7 2012
  • Re: The 'ELITE' don't control shit - Enough of this nonsense.

    [quote]Your false assumption is that the government is the only way that human nature can express itself in social organization. This is demonstrably false.[/quote] I never made that assumption. All I am saying is that it is one way that human nature can express itself, and those that pretend like it's not human nature are stupid. I believe it will
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Nov 7 2012
  • We are NOT born Libertarian!

    " I think the problem is actually more insidious than that. In my view, every human is born a libertarian. We don't even need "cradle-to-grave propaganda" to convince people to be libertarian. They're born that way. The propaganda is required to sustain the statist quo. " - Clayton I felt like this needed its own thread.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Nov 7 2012
  • Re: Unsolicited Advice

    Don't be a douche.
    Posted to General (Forum) by TronCat on Tue, Nov 6 2012
  • Re: It's all part of the plan.

    Johnny Depp was a creepy, and cold Willy Wonka. Wilder perfectly showcased the insanity of the character, and was still able to capture a humanity that felt honest.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by TronCat on Tue, Nov 6 2012
  • It's all part of the plan.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G0AXgaFqEas
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by TronCat on Tue, Nov 6 2012
  • Re: The FreeDomainRadio (Stefan Molyneux) CULT.

    Derp. I've been looking through that forum for awhile now and I have seen nothing but little Stefans spewing Stefan talking points. I have argued with a number of these dweebs on Youtube as well, and they're hopeless. Did I overreact? Perhaps. Although, I've had beef with FDR for quite some time now. [quote]There is a certain irony in whining
    Posted to General (Forum) by TronCat on Tue, Nov 6 2012
Page 3 of 20 (199 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options