  • Re: Has anyone heard of this?

    How do we define 'suffering'? Is it the same for everyone? And what is 'enlightenment'? It seems kinda' vague to me.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by TronCat on Thu, Nov 1 2012
  • Re: Has anyone heard of this?

    Buddha seems like he might have been a cool dude (if he was real), but I always found the whole "end of suffering" motivation to be futile.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by TronCat on Thu, Nov 1 2012
  • A Libertarian Argument Against Prescribing Open Borders

    "I’d like to begin with a hypothetical scenario. If I got together with some like-minded individuals to buy up a large parcel of land and set up a private community, membership by invitation only, we wouldn’t be infringing upon anyone's liberty by refusing entry to some people. We'd be exercising our liberty, our freedom to
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by TronCat on Thu, Nov 1 2012
  • Re: What happened to my 'race-realist' thread?

    [quote]I don't know Darwin's motivations...maybe he just wanted a realistic notion of life?[/quote] Bang.
    Posted to General (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Oct 31 2012
  • Re: What happened to my 'race-realist' thread?

    [quote]He published a book. You aren't about to say that publishing things is "shelving" as I meant it. "Shelving" it would be non- action . Publishing is an action.[/quote] I was just being funny, I realize what you meant. Studies on this subject have already been published, those behind the studies have been explicit that they
    Posted to General (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Oct 31 2012
  • Re: What happened to my 'race-realist' thread?

    [quote]Becuase you are saying that people would just "do" science with no point in mind...who is going to do research and then shelf it?[/quote] Didn't Darwin "do" science and then literally 'shelf it' in his book? Did he have a motive in mind? [quote]You are wanting to avoid the application of results (which is just
    Posted to General (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Oct 31 2012
  • Re: What happened to my 'race-realist' thread?

    So are you against the actual scientific study of this? Let's say that it's legit, and there is differences in the races (particularly in cognitive ability) - would you not want these findings published and popularized?
    Posted to General (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Oct 31 2012
  • Re: What happened to my 'race-realist' thread?

    [quote]OK well this is where I differ from Tron-- I don't think there is such a thing as genetic "inferiority" or "superiority".[/quote] Neither do I. I initially said that there is genetic DIFFERENCES between the races; it was that other guy who was insisting on the 'superior/inferior' interpretation.
    Posted to General (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Oct 31 2012
  • Re: What happened to my 'race-realist' thread?

    [quote]Why is it done?[/quote] To better understand ourselves and the world - SCIENCE! [quote]I would also argue that once people have "scientific" arguments for their superiority or other's inferiority...it will be difficult for people to live in respect for one another.[/quote] Nature doesn't care. We have a responsbility with how
    Posted to General (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Oct 31 2012
  • Re: What happened to my 'race-realist' thread?

    [quote]You are an idiot. And you have likely not read anything about it. It is much more than a word. It was law in the U.S. for 75 years.[/quote] What is your problem? I gave you a valid application for this particular scientific study, and you continue to pester me. Just because we are genetically different ('superior' and/or 'inferior'
    Posted to General (Forum) by TronCat on Wed, Oct 31 2012
Page 6 of 20 (199 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options