  • Re: Minarchy vs Anarchy

    [quote user="David Friedman"] Actually, the teleportation system has speeded up a bit, possibly due to my living in Silicon Valley for so long. I don't think the issue of cardinal vs ordinal utility is central to differences between the Chicago and Austrian approaches to economics. I wouldn't even assume that all Austrians reject Cardinal
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by h.k. on Wed, May 8 2013
  • Re: Hello everyone. :D What is the biggest anarcho-capitalist/voluntaryist site online?

    [quote user="Wheylous"] I know I can't be the only one who's tired of seeing your constant "well the LibertyHQ forum is really up and coming. Check it out! Shameless plug!! lolz!" Head count, then? We can start a new thread and do a poll. If more people with over 20 posts are tired of me posting about it than not within a
    Posted to General (Forum) by h.k. on Wed, May 8 2013
  • Re: Ron Paul vs. RonPaul.com

    [quote user="gotlucky"] There is no necessary reason to fully undo the domain name system. There may or may not exist better alternatives. Why don't you read more carefully so I don't have to repeat myself so much? [/quote] Well clearly you keep implying I think they own a phone number, that calls into question your effort and or reading
    Posted to General (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Feb 28 2013
  • Re: Ron Paul vs. RonPaul.com

    [quote user="gotlucky"] [quote user="h.k."] There are two ways to answer this question. 1) If ICANN is considered a private institution: Then yes they can do whatever they want, Ron Paul is behaving rudely though, which is a moral but not legal matter. Ron Paul is kind of a sneaky guy, with some questionable moral behavior. [/quote
    Posted to General (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Feb 28 2013
  • Re: Ron Paul vs. RonPaul.com

    If ICANN is a heavily centralized agency, then it does matter. Everything you just said would be invalid. To me JP Morgan is not private, not all their stipulations matter, even if they say they do.
    Posted to General (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Feb 28 2013
  • Re: Ron Paul vs. RonPaul.com

    [quote user="gotlucky"] The only things that can be owned in a libertarian sense are the physical objects, such as computers, servers, connecting lines, etc. The domain name list exists within some of the hardware, such as servers and computers. ICANN is a domain name registry, but no one is forced by law to use it. It is the most popular
    Posted to General (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Feb 28 2013
  • Re: Privatizing Meteor Defense

    Private charity and commercial endorsements generate funds for anything. If the problem is serious enough, such as in the case of extinction, then generating funding would be extremely easy. There is no impending meteor about to cave into us, and I still think a company could procure some funding from paranoid individuals.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Feb 28 2013
  • Re: Ron Paul vs. RonPaul.com

    [quote user="gotlucky"] Then it appears you have no idea how the domain name system actually works. [/quote] I got your argument I just thought it didn't make sense. I don't own my phone number, but my phone company has decided that I have. The same thing here except replace me with Ronpaul.com. Ron Paul doesn't deserve anything

    [quote user="gotlucky"] @h.k. This post here might help illuminate the situation for you. [/quote] Nah I saw that already, but thanks. I think Marko put it best, personally. "It is a moot point. The people who registered ronpaul.com didn't just put a placeholder site there and waited for when around RP is going to come around so they
    Posted to General (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Feb 28 2013
  • Re: Ron Paul vs. RonPaul.com

    [quote user="excel"] At this point it doesn't matter, he's taken the incorrect position. Ronpaul.com seems to have homesteaded their website to a higher degree than Ron Paul has, according to Libertarian principles. Further he's wrong about IP, which is also not defendable. I don't understand this point. ronpaul.com is not
    Posted to General (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Feb 28 2013
Page 1 of 3 (26 items) 1 2 3 Next > | More Search Options