  • Re: Ron Paul vs. RonPaul.com

    [quote user="Clayton"] You said that you and others clearly see Ron Paul's hypocrisy. That statement was not qualified or conjuncted with another logical possibility. If you want to change your statement now, that's fine, but don't pretend you said he's " either hypocrite or ignorant" when anyone can scroll up and
    Posted to General (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Feb 28 2013
  • Re: "Robber Barons"-discussion in history class

    [quote user="John James"] [quote user="fegeldolfy"]Yeah,in my paper I'm not gonna talk about the federal reserve or stuff like that because then my teacher'll think I'm a conspiracy theorist. I'll just defend the "robber barons" and point out the flaws in unions and how peoples lives really got better back
    Posted to History (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Jan 17 2013
  • Re: Alex Jones = Embarrassment to Liberty Movement

    [quote user="Anarcho-libertarian"] [quote user="Graham Wright"] Here is Ben Swann being as brilliant as ever: [/quote] According to this article, Swann's stats are wrong. It appears that he lifted his data wholesale from a story in the Daily Mail , without checking it. The gist of the article can be summarized with this quote
    Posted to General (Forum) by h.k. on Sun, Jan 13 2013
  • Re: Alex Jones = Embarrassment to Liberty Movement

    [quote user="Graham Wright"] Well done Alex Jones. I read the first page of this thread before watching the video, and I was expecting a lot worse. I thought he did really well there and the buzz that followed his appearance (#1 on US Twitter trends) will bring him and the issues he raised a lot more attention. That far outweighs any "damage"
    Posted to General (Forum) by h.k. on Sun, Jan 13 2013
  • Re: On minarchism

    What you're saying doesn't make sense. Land owners aren't part of one hive mind or gang so your interpretation is questionable. Monopoly refers to the mono-centric legal system in a state.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by h.k. on Fri, Jan 11 2013
  • Re: On minarchism

    [quote user="mikachusetts"] You're misunderstanding my point. The author basically says that the problem with government is that it holds a monopoly of violence over a geographic region. So I say "well if that's the problem with government, then it should also be a problem with anarchy, because land holders also hold a monopoly
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by h.k. on Fri, Jan 11 2013
  • Re: I'm not a libertarian.

    [quote user="Tim67"] "Tim, what are your thoughts on this article about Norway? "Why Norway is a BS Argument for Higher Taxes" - SovereignMan.com " Seems like a bunch of vague platitudes. The guy doesn't like how the security of the Norweigan welfare state to his mind makes people less amibious, or something. Though
    Posted to General (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Dec 27 2012
  • Re: I'm not a libertarian.

    [quote user="NonAntiAnarchist"] You have to get over these relatively miniscule objections. Think of the grand scheme. Relatively capitalist economies have lifted hundreds of millions from destitute poverty to having standards of living on par, if not superior to royalty of past. Welfare is now only a consideration because we are so much richer
    Posted to General (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Dec 27 2012
  • Re: How to Transition

    [quote user="gotlucky"] [quote user="h.k."] I think he's making some solid points here. I often see material that is not offensive to me at all, get removed by moderators. Whether someone is a troll or not, I think people still get a little too sensitive on forums. I've been a mod at another place as well, our policy is to
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Dec 20 2012
  • Re: How to Transition

    [quote user="gotlucky"] [quote user="hashem"] So hang on... You're saying Youtube can't work (even though it does) because even though it can (and does) you would kick someone out of a party and therefore it would be a bad idea to try this even though it's been demonstrated to work on the most well-trafficked, biggest
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by h.k. on Thu, Dec 20 2012
Page 2 of 12 (116 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options