  • The facade of 'class struggle'

    In 1848 Marx wrote this in the Communist Manifesto: "Our epoch, the epoch of the bourgeoisie, possesses, however, this distinct feature: it has simplified class antagonisms. Society as a whole is more and more splitting up into two great hostile camps, into two great classes directly facing each other — Bourgeoisie and Proletariat."
    Posted to History (Forum) by Andrew Cain on Thu, May 21 2009
  • Re: Rexford Tugwell

    The citation should be in Rothbard's For a New Liberty work.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Andrew Cain on Tue, May 19 2009
  • Re: Rothbard Flask

    Drink up me heartiees yo-ho! This is why I love the Mises institute, always creating, always improving, always formulating new commodities for the market. By the way, loved your podcast on Dissident Publishing Mr. Tucker, lead me to buy Hazlitts Economics in One Lesson.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Andrew Cain on Tue, May 19 2009
  • Re: Historical Materialism

    A valid point.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Andrew Cain on Mon, May 18 2009
  • Re: Historical Materialism

    Well tried to import it but its too big to add in. I'll break it up.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Andrew Cain on Mon, May 18 2009
  • Re: Historical Materialism

    Its in word but I can find a way to convert it.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Andrew Cain on Mon, May 18 2009
  • Historical Materialism

    I tried to upload a paper I drafted on the basis of historical materialism and its contradictions by neglecting the early Christian communist sect pointed out in Rothbard's History of Economic Thought . I wanted to open discussion on the subject, does anyone know how I can put my paper up for some peer review?
    Posted to History (Forum) by Andrew Cain on Mon, May 18 2009
  • Cost of Production / Labor theory of Value

    Can someone please explain to me how Cost of Production theory is congrunent to the Labor theory of value? I was talking to a Marxist who believes there is no contradiction between Volume I and Volume III of Das Capital.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Andrew Cain on Mon, May 18 2009
  • Increased inflation, Decreased in prices

    Since the evolution of the Federal Reserve, we of course see a great increase in terms of inflation of the money supply. With the increase of inflation, prices naturall rise due to the deluting of the purchasing power of the currency. However, I have been trying to mull over this idea for a few days. Inflation is increasing, I see that. However, how
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Andrew Cain on Wed, Jan 28 2009
  • Inflation: The new flavor of greatness!

    http://inflationdata.com/i nflation/Inflation_Rate/Hi storicalInflation.aspx?dsI nflation_currentPage=7 1914-1924: 61.48% Average increase 1925-1936: 19.57% Average decrease 1937-1948: 57.96% Average increase 1949-1960: 21.23% Average increase 1961-1972: 35.31% Average increase 1973-1984: 95.09% Average increase 1985-1996: 42.01% Average increase 1997
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Andrew Cain on Wed, Jan 21 2009
Page 464 of 468 (4678 items) « First ... < Previous 462 463 464 465 466 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options