  • Re: We should all disregard Adam Kokesh

    Why all the hostility to Kokesh all of a sudden? He was a bit disrespectful about Ron Paul's farewell speech, but aren't you guys overreacting a little bit?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Graham Wright on Sat, Nov 17 2012
  • Re: Two books, and only two, to help someone start down the libertarian path

    [quote user="Clayton"]c) You understand your subjugated situation with respect to the tyrant power but you are suffering from Stockholm syndrome d) You don't understand your subjugated situation with respect to the tyrant: you're confused.[/quote] How do you determine whether a given person is in group c or group d? Do you use a different
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Graham Wright on Sat, Nov 10 2012
  • Re: *** November 2012 low content thread ***

    For me, one the most memorable parts of Rothbard's crowing achievement, his epic History of Economic Thought , was his description of the communist experiment that took place in Münster in 1534-35. I like it so much I created an audio of it:
    Posted to General (Forum) by Graham Wright on Fri, Nov 2 2012
  • Re: "A priori quiz"

    @ AJ and Andris, I think that's what Friedman was getting at when he said "I think that once one takes seriously both how complicated a utility function and how complicated a production function can be, you will discover that if you limit yourself to a priori argument you can't do much, if any, economics." I think nirgrahamUK and DD5
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Graham Wright on Fri, Nov 2 2012
  • Re: "A priori quiz"

    [quote user="Minarchist"]I suppose that's true for someone who has only one end, and that end is acquiring one unit of chickens. But I was thinking more along the lines of a person who has only one end, and that end is acquiring chickens in general, not a particular number of units of chickens. That is, a chicken-maniac with an insatiable
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Graham Wright on Fri, Nov 2 2012
  • Re: "A priori quiz"

    [quote user="AJ"]It appears that the different answers were due primarily to unclear wording in the original statements[/quote] Yep. [quote]except perhaps for #3, where it is additionally unclear whether a set of two boxes used for climbing out of a hole is a different good than a single box used for storage.[/quote] What is unclear about
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Graham Wright on Thu, Nov 1 2012
  • Re: "A priori quiz"

    @ Minarchist, I may have misunderstood what you originally meant. I thought you were talking about a chicken-maniac, meaning someone who has multiple ends , but all of them can be achieved using chickens. We are in agreement that the Law of DMU applies to this person. A person with only one end is different. Although I would argue the Law of DMU applies
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Graham Wright on Thu, Nov 1 2012
  • Re: "A priori quiz"

    [quote user="gotlucky"] I think I see our disagreement better now. I still don't think it's necessary to say "expect to". If I steal your TV, I have profited at the time of stealing your TV. I view myself as better off having stolen it rather than leaving your stuff alone.[/quote] You cannot assess whether or not you profited
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Graham Wright on Thu, Nov 1 2012
  • Re: Has anyone read Butler's "Boundaries of Order"?

    I have, and it is well worth reading IMO. It even made it onto my list of Ten Books That Influenced Me .
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Graham Wright on Thu, Nov 1 2012
  • Re: "A priori quiz"

    Minarchist, [quote] 3. Whenever [one person's] supply of a good increases by one additional unit, provided each unit is regarded as of equal serviceability by a person, the value attached to this unit must decrease. Not true a priori, as it depends on the value scale of the person in question. For example, a person could have nothing on their value
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Graham Wright on Wed, Oct 31 2012
Page 5 of 85 (848 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options