  • Undermining the State: One Lemonade Market at Time?

    Well, there is a government built park in my vincity and there alway seem to be a lot of people(and kids) there all the time. I was thinking of getting supplies for making lemonade and set up shop there during the summertime. I was also thinking of exchanging lemonade not with state currencies but with aluminimum cans. (The advantage of aluminum cans
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kiba on Tue, Nov 4 2008
  • Re: I still can't reconcile anarchism with people's apparent tendency towards collectivism...HELP!

    The cost of rebellion is higher than the cost of being chained. So that why people don't rebel against the state. And most people are brainwashed into believing that the state is necessary for freedom and prosperity. So all we have to figure out which action that is least-costy but help us undermine the state so other actions become more feasiable
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by kiba on Mon, Nov 3 2008
  • Re: Hayek on genetic engineering?

    I think even if a more economically superior human being is breeded through genetic engineering, the entire world will benefit if that being is not 3vil. Let face it, don't we all benefit from trade?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by kiba on Mon, Nov 3 2008
  • Re: Computer nerds and losers in the Libertarian movement

    Well, I think nerds and losers are just more curious and receptive to radical ideas. For example, I explored everything from anarchism, transhumanism, to free software and learn all sort of cool stuff. Nerds are like genetic experiments. The only problem is that the really good ones don't like to reproduce or lack the gene to attract the opposite
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by kiba on Mon, Nov 3 2008
  • Fighting the Patent System

    The free software movement largely solved the problems of software monopolism through the brilliant hack of monopoly laws to provide goods that protect users from would-be monopolists. Though they also recongnized that license profliberation has made technology sharing difficult and are working toward solving that. Their work has help initialized an
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kiba on Sun, Oct 12 2008
Page 35 of 35 (345 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 | More Search Options