  • Re: Let's talk about the internet.

    [quote user="demosthenes"] http://www.thestandard.com/news/2010/01/15/proposed-web-video-restrictions-cause-outrage-italy?page=0,1 Yet another case of people using the state to restrict competition. I wonder what type of madness will be wreaked by intervention of the internet. [/quote] The internet interpret censorship as damage and reroute
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kiba on Sun, Jan 17 2010
  • Re: Video games and War

    [quote user="Praetyre"] I think part of the reason for the increase in combat oriented video games is the rise of consoles. Consoles are ill-suited to handling grand strategy games like Hearts of Iron, Civilization, Galactic Civilizations, SimCity or Dwarf Fortress, where the violence is, for the most part, abstract and remote, and have a
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by kiba on Sun, Jan 17 2010
  • Re: Positive Effects of Cartels in a Free Market?

    [quote user="Stranger"] Pascal Salin made a similar argument, saying that sometimes the formation of cartels results in more efficient production than the simple merger of all firm into one mega-scale enterprise, and thus can result in benefit to the consumer. Cartels as efficient productive structures. One such example is a franchise restaurant
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kiba on Sun, Jan 17 2010
  • Re: Anyone Read Landsburgs' new book? The Big Questions: Tackling the Problems...

    Who is he and what he wrote?
    Posted to General (Forum) by kiba on Sun, Jan 17 2010
  • Re: Wikipedia

    [quote user="sicsempertyrannis"] So, what are we to think of Wikipedia? A work-in-progress, or just another glorification of mob rule? [/quote] Wikipedia is just one example of private enterprise. The fact that it fails in many way doesn't detract from the anarchistic and voluntary nature of Wikipedia. (Although it sometime resembles politics
    Posted to General (Forum) by kiba on Sun, Jan 17 2010
  • Re: property right vs. copyright

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU7axyrHWDQ&feature=player_embedded
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by kiba on Fri, Jan 15 2010
  • Re: This is pathetic!

    [quote user="liberty student"] Very cool. I know we have at least one game designer in this community, who if nothing else, would probably be interested to know this was attempted. [/quote] You make it sound that I don't do any coding. While design is important, it is far more important to have a track record of producing games. Well,
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by kiba on Fri, Jan 15 2010
  • Re: IRC Channel Off Freenode

    [quote user="Havvy"] According to http://mises.org/Community/chat/, the Mises IRC channel is on Freenode. It is of my best professional (and biased) opinion that Freenode is not the best server for the LvMI to use. My reasoning is as follows: 1) Freenode is a frequent attack of DDoS attacks, and occasionally gets netsplits. 2) Freenode does
    Posted to General (Forum) by kiba on Thu, Jan 14 2010
  • Re: Advanced Civilizations May Have an Advantage We Don't

    [quote user="Stranger"] [quote user="CrazyCoot"] If any alien beings were to land on our planet we'd have to kill them to survive. [/quote] The principle of the division of labor and free trade is universal. It applies to aliens, post-humans, robots, A.I. superintelligence, anything that thinks. [/quote] Unless they saw us only
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by kiba on Mon, Jan 11 2010
  • Re: Austrian Arrogance

    [quote user="Angurse"] [quote user="Leviathan"] This mirrors the attitude at Anti-State.com, where it's more often the case that people scream about the Anarchist FAQ authors being "crypto-Marxists" than address their points. It's the attitude of shocked disbelief by Mises and Hayek that any economist could advocate
    Posted to General (Forum) by kiba on Sat, Jan 9 2010
Page 4 of 35 (345 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options