  • Re: In an anarchistic world, will there be trademarks?

    [quote user="Merlin"]Selling something falsely branded would probably be considered fraud by most courts, with the understandable exception of the case in which a precise copy is being produced. But again, it would be up to private arbiters to decide.[/quote] Makes sense, but what if the company that were copying the item was a distant corporation
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by JParker on Wed, Jan 27 2010
  • In an anarchistic world, will there be trademarks?

    I'm slowly moving from minarchism to full anarchism, and Kinsella has helped shift my views on IP, but I dont recall seeing anything about trademark and product names/logos. I guess my question is, how will Coca-Cola be able to market itself competatively if all competitors are able to use their name and design and sell an 'identical' product
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by JParker on Wed, Jan 27 2010
  • Re: Salary Caps

    Addressing the situation this post obviously is referencing: The yankees are part of MLB. If MLB decides, according to their contracts, that they want to add a salary cap, the yankees must follow it. They are free to leave and form their own baseball league, sure. They wouldn't, because its crazy to do so as no one would join them. The only other
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JParker on Thu, Apr 9 2009
  • Re: Purchasing an "Assault Rifle"!

    As an aside, I DO own an M4, so its not like I think they're stupid to own ;-)
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by JParker on Thu, Mar 5 2009
  • Re: Purchasing an "Assault Rifle"!

    [quote user="Shawn77"] The military for almost every country in the world has chosen either the ak47 or some variant of stoners m16 design. If these weapons hold no value over other semi auto rifles then I wonder why they use them. It is not for full auto because my m16 was never capable of full auto the entire time I was in the military.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by JParker on Thu, Mar 5 2009
  • Re: Is the USELESSNESS of gold an advantage for it being money?

    [quote user="ProudCapitalist"]Why do you REFUSE to even consider the OPPORTUNITY COSTS of money use of different metals???[/quote] Why do you refuse to admit that a utility theory of value is FALSE. Where's LibertyStudent when you need him to beat someone over the head....
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JParker on Mon, Mar 2 2009
  • Re: Is the USELESSNESS of gold an advantage for it being money?

    [quote user="ProudCapitalist"]All metas are "shiny", all are homogounes, all are fairly easily divisable and so on. Gold has no competitive advantages there.[/quote] Because we think gold is pretty and other metals arent! Because, as with all symbols of wealth, it demonstrated that you were powerful/wealthy enough to have time to
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JParker on Mon, Mar 2 2009
  • Re: Is the USELESSNESS of gold an advantage for it being money?

    [quote user="ProudCapitalist"] And I see the estetic value of gold as a function of it being money. Just like silver is estetically higher esteemed than other gray metals such as tin, because silver too is money to some degree.[/quote] You keep making me laugh with foolish comments. You're saying I think gold is pretty because it has value
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JParker on Mon, Mar 2 2009
  • Re: Is the USELESSNESS of gold an advantage for it being money?

    [quote user="ProudCapitalist"] The regression theorem only says that SOME good could become money. But it says nothing at all about why it was gold, does it? So the lack of opportunity costs for gold, explains why gold, and not iron, became money. Thanks to that, it became possible to make payments without destroying productive tools and weapons
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JParker on Mon, Mar 2 2009
  • Re: Is the USELESSNESS of gold an advantage for it being money?

    [quote user="ProudCapitalist"]Lets assume that gold had no estetic value before it became money, and obviously no practical use value. Maybe iron became the first money, and only later did gold take over that role. The viking on the market place wants to buy a bear skin. It costs as much money, i.e. iron weight, which corresponds to half his
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JParker on Mon, Mar 2 2009
Page 1 of 14 (135 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options