  • Re: Why not war for humaninatarianism?

    [quote user="M-la-maudite"]N/S Korea War was not humanitarian intervention, nor ever claimed to be such; it was part of the cold war, right?[/quote] Yes, you are right, Korea was about stopping the spread of communism. [quote user="M-la-maudite"]Not sure whether you can find an analysis of the issue from one of the Mises Institute
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AllYourBase on Thu, Nov 13 2008
  • Re: (Supply-Side vs. Demand-Side) vs. Austrian

    [quote user="ViennaSausage"] Supply Side: utilizes incentives income tax breaks capital gains tax breaks [/quote] I wouldn't consider tax breaks as governement intervention. I consider it more like pure happyness.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by AllYourBase on Thu, Nov 13 2008
  • Re: Why not war for humaninatarianism?

    [quote user="Fephisto"] 'war' for 'humanitarianism' Isn't that a distinct contradiction in terms? Like saying 'war' for 'peace' or something? (or 'mandatory volunteering') [/quote] Not necessarily. As mentioned before Hotel Rawanda makes a convincing case that Clinton could have easily stoped the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AllYourBase on Wed, Nov 12 2008
  • Re: Why not war for humaninatarianism?

    [quote user="M-la-maudite"]Besides, as all recent examples have shown, so-called "humanitarian" intervention is actually worsening the situation of the people it is supposed to defend.[/quote] Is there an article/book on this site showing evidence of this? It seems for example that S-Korea is doing alot better than N-Korea, for example
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AllYourBase on Wed, Nov 12 2008
  • Re: What book to buy next?

    I like Thomas Wood, if you are interested in US history. Also, you might want to check you local library, mine had selected titles from many of the authors suggested above.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by AllYourBase on Tue, Nov 11 2008
  • Re: (Supply-Side vs. Demand-Side) vs. Austrian

    What is the government's role under Supply-Side economics? All I hear about is Keynesian, which is basically demand-side.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by AllYourBase on Tue, Nov 11 2008
  • Why not war for humanitarianism?

    I listened to several lectures from the Imperialism: Enemy of Freedom lecture series. I was disappointed that there wasn't a clear refutation of common reasons given to justify war in the current political climate--namely humanitarianism and, to a lesser extent, non-proliferation of WMD's. The movies Hotel Rwanda and Sum of all Fears , for example
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AllYourBase on Tue, Nov 11 2008
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | More Search Options