  • Re: Economics textbook

    I've taken my standard business school econ classes and read their textbooks. And, in my own time, I've read Rothbard's Man, Economy, and State . To the extent the latter can be considered a textbook (I think it absolutely can), I would say I learned and retained much more from that book by myself, with no instruction, than from both of
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Stephen Adkins on Tue, Feb 1 2011
  • Re: how is consumer demand communicated to producers?

    Most of it has been said already, but I would add that actual demand is only ever determined ex post. Sometimes, when you hear of entrepreneurship as a process of discovery, you might be tempted to think of it as entrepreneurs trying to discover consumer demand, and the consumers are simply waiting until the right entrepreneur comes along with the right
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Stephen Adkins on Tue, Feb 1 2011
  • Economics terminology

    I'm sure this has a name, but I can't think of it. What would you call the phenomenon seen in many scenarios, but perhaps most prevalently in higher education, that those who pay for a good or service themselves are more likely to appreciate it, while those who receive the good or service for free or at a reduced cost are more likely to take
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Stephen Adkins on Thu, Nov 19 2009
Page 21 of 21 (203 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 | More Search Options