  • Re: Converting celebrities to libertarianism

    [quote user="Eric"] I love Penn, his shows great too [/quote] I'm a huge Penn fan as well. In fact, as sad is this sounds, I would say his show "Bullshit" is one of the big reasons why I became a Libertarian. I started watching the show before I even knew what Libertarianism was and found myself agreeing with an overwhelming
    Posted to General (Forum) by mrwiizrd on Tue, Jun 9 2009
  • Re: From Minarchism to Anarchism in Ten Easy Steps: A Guide for Constitutionalists

    [quote user="liberty student"] [quote user="GilesStratton"]the Hasnas article is a must if you ask me.[/quote] Agreed. I think what is missing in most of our educational endeavours is that we try to tell people things instead of answering their questions. [/quote] Just finished the Hasnas article, what a great read, extremely interesting
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by mrwiizrd on Wed, Jun 3 2009
  • Re: Cops: A Most Reform Proposal

    [quote user="Eric"] How does one do that? [/quote] Not sure where you live, but my county has everything on-line: http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/sheriff/sheriff_T62_R50.htm I would suggest checking their website first. I did 2 when I lived in texas and I had to go to the dispatch office to pick up the forms. Call the non emergency dispatch
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by mrwiizrd on Tue, Jun 2 2009
  • Re: Cops: A Most Reform Proposal

    Very interesting that you brought this up today, as I went on a civilian ride-a-long with my local police force on the graveyard shift last Friday night. If you've never done one, I would suggest participating as it will really open your eyes as to what police deal with on a daily basis. Not to mention it never hurts to know your local law enforcement
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by mrwiizrd on Tue, Jun 2 2009
  • Re: What is the Ruling class?

    Well, according to our fearless leader I suppose it's any citizen that earns more than $250k in a calendar year(with the exception of elected officials of course.) In my opinion, it's any person that can have a substantive effect on legislation at the federal level, wither it be a the President, Senator, lobbyist, SCOTUS justice, and so on a
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by mrwiizrd on Thu, May 28 2009
  • Re: I'd like to get to know some more about who's here

    28 year old accounting manager, currently do joint venture and capital transaction accounting for a multifamily residential real estate investment trust in Denver, spent 3 years in Dallas in public accounting before this gig. B.S. and M.S. in accounting from Texas A&M.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mrwiizrd on Thu, May 28 2009
  • Re: A Conversation With an Anti-capitalist

    [quote user="liberty student"] We could do well with some cool online capitalist video games for kids. 3 year olds are going online now. [/quote] Parker brothers already beat us to the punch: http://www.pogo.com/games/monopoly
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by mrwiizrd on Wed, May 27 2009
  • Re: The role of ratings agencies in sub-prime mortgages?

    [quote user="Telemachus"] Ya'll, Something that has bothered me about the role of sub-prime mortgages in the recent economic crisis is that bundled "derivatives" (is that the right term?) containing these were given AAA ratings by a private ratings firm. Questions: was this ratings firm actually private, who ran it, and why did
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by mrwiizrd on Wed, May 27 2009
  • Re: Taxation falls on consumers?

    [quote user="Sage"] But isn't this view based on the cost theory of prices? As Rothbard writes in his section on tax incidence in Chapter Four of Power and Market : The first law of incidence can be laid down immediately, and it is a rather radical one: No tax can be shifted forward . In other words, no tax can be shifted from seller to
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mrwiizrd on Thu, May 21 2009
  • Re: The facade of 'class struggle'

    found it, thanks.
    Posted to History (Forum) by mrwiizrd on Thu, May 21 2009
Page 1 of 3 (26 items) 1 2 3 Next > | More Search Options