  • Re: What is the libertarian view on homeschooling?

    The child can become completely independent whenever he wants by leaving, therefore demonstrating his full self-ownership. http://mises.org/rothbard/ethics/fourteen.asp
    Posted to General (Forum) by Heartless Voluntaryist on Thu, Jan 15 2009
  • Re: Thoughts on this SF School of Economics

    Assuming they're Georgists they would be wrong on the nature of land ownership and would probably advocate a single tax on land. This incorrect view of land ownership creates some problems. If they deny that man owns that which he mixes with his labor, they have some deeper problems on the theory of ownership. I don't know how well Georgists
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Heartless Voluntaryist on Tue, Dec 9 2008
  • Re: Is there such a thing called "Austrian Economics"?

    [quote user="Juan"][quote]For example, Thomistic Catholicism. [/quote] Thomistic catholicism is one of the 'good' strains of revealed religion ? http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/aquinas.htm "I answer that, With regard to heretics two points must be observed: one, on their own side; the other, on the side of the Church. On their own
    Posted to General (Forum) by Heartless Voluntaryist on Sat, Dec 6 2008
  • Re: Is there such a thing called "Austrian Economics"?

    [quote user="10Brandonr"] ...but, I think your forgetting that religion is not just any moral philosophy that encourages or practices coercion. If you're saying that any belief that justifies coercion to be evil than you're totally rational, but if you're implying that religion (def: a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature
    Posted to General (Forum) by Heartless Voluntaryist on Sat, Dec 6 2008
  • Re: Is there such a thing called "Austrian Economics"?

    No, you were setting up a strawman. Nobody claimed that the absence of religion led to people becoming rational and respectful of property rights. So your point about communism is invalid. If any thing it just goes to prove that all irrational beliefs can be harmful.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Heartless Voluntaryist on Fri, Dec 5 2008
  • Re: Is there such a thing called "Austrian Economics"?

    [quote user="GilesStratton"] [quote user="Heartless Voluntaryist"] I would argue that religion itself leads to authoritarianism. If B thinks A can talk to God, B might tend to listen to him. Even if A tells him to make C submit to the authority of A. Although, I think you have a point in that all irrational beliefs can lead to authoritarianism
    Posted to General (Forum) by Heartless Voluntaryist on Fri, Dec 5 2008
  • Re: Why are people blaming the free-market?

    Because words no longer retain their meaning. Look at libertarian which now means Bob Barr, or freedom which means the ability to vote (how I benefit from voting I've yet to be told, but I belive it has something to do with those stickers). I just realized the belief that voting is right because we have some duty to do it is based off of Kantian
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Heartless Voluntaryist on Thu, Dec 4 2008
  • Re: Is there such a thing called "Austrian Economics"?

    I would argue that religion itself leads to authoritarianism. If B thinks A can talk to God, B might tend to listen to him. Even if A tells him to make C submit to the authority of A. Although, I think you have a point in that all irrational beliefs can lead to authoritarianism, but I think democracy has become a religion at this point. The only difference
    Posted to General (Forum) by Heartless Voluntaryist on Thu, Dec 4 2008
  • Re: What is "private property"?

    [quote user="Jonatan K"]As for (2), Nation, State and Goverment somehow blend into one piece. You want to tell me that the root of american anti-semitism is American Goverment?[/quote] The state does provide an incentive to continue antisemitic discrimination. In a free market a business would have an incentive to not discriminate against
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Heartless Voluntaryist on Sun, Nov 30 2008
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | More Search Options