  • Re: Why Does The CPI Increase So Slowly?

    I see two reasons for this: 1. Much of the money printed by the Fed has not entered the hands of consumers, and is instead sitting on reserve with the Fed (see the still-high excess reserve levels). This may end with the Fed's POMO program or if they decide to ease a second time. 2. Some parts of the CPI are experiencing deflation and others are
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mahsah on Thu, Oct 7 2010
  • Re: Hayekian triangle for Human Capital?

    I was mainly thinking about this because of the Higher Education bubble that we are experiencing in America. There's a massive expansion of credit (student loans). High School degrees are useless on their own; an Undergraduate degree is considered the minimum these days, and even that is becoming worthless, resulting in more students attending graduate
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mahsah on Thu, Oct 7 2010
  • Hayekian triangle for Human Capital?

    The Hayekian triangle is a visual representation of the capital structure of production after it has been disaggregated across time. My question is, why not disaggregate Human Capital as well? Have the base of the triangle measure the temporal distance from production and have the side of the triangle measure the marginal product of labor. Not too sure
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mahsah on Wed, Oct 6 2010
  • Re: Japan's Central Bank

    The Fed has really done a poor job of regulating the Bernanke , haven't they?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mahsah on Tue, Oct 5 2010
  • Re: Moodys - HuffPost article

    Tell that to the "doctors" that practise Homeopathic medicine. Advice is only dangerous when followed -- and advice will only be followed when the advice seeker has reason to trust and believe the advisor, from reputation, certification, etc.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by mahsah on Wed, Sep 29 2010
  • Re: Moodys - HuffPost article

    I've never really understood what all the concern over credit agencies is. Aren't they just providing, well, a rating? Anyone can do that. For example, I give Treasury Bonds a λλζ rating, BP a ψγ rating, and Ford a μΣ rating. Oh no, I'm killing the markets!
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by mahsah on Tue, Sep 28 2010
  • Re: Deflation Question

    Yeah, I should have expanded more. I was referring to how deflation is automaticially assumed to be a horrible thing because people will just up and stop spending money causing demand to plummet and such. Obviously in some cases deflation can be bad, but its pretty common for deflation to be seen as some sort of death sentence for the economy.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mahsah on Wed, Sep 15 2010
  • Re: Deflation Question

    Have there even been any real empirical accounts or evidence of a "deflationary spiral" that economists always assume will happen?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mahsah on Mon, Sep 13 2010
  • Re: please give simple explanation of how free trade is beneficial

    If you want some great anti-protectionist writings, read Bastiat's Economic Sophisms: http://www.econlib.org/library/Bastiat/basSoph.html He reaches criticial awesome when he starts talking about a "Negative Railroad".
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by mahsah on Thu, Sep 9 2010
  • Re: stupid teacher

    Man, I feel like I've been lucky with my teachers. My Macro teacher showed us the Hayek vs Keynes rap video (although he didn't go too in depth to it), and my current (strangely enough) Econometrics teacher told us to write a paper on Hazlitt's "Economics in One Lesson" for our first assignment.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mahsah on Fri, Sep 3 2010
Page 2 of 7 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options