  • So wait...the Federal Reserve is NOT privately owned???

    Found this page: http://www.usagold.com/federalreserve.html Could someone here explain the discrepancy here between their view and the view of Austrian economists, i.e. why usagold.com is wrong? I would really appreciate it as I am a bit confused on this. Thank you very much! EDIT: I also found this: http://www.topsecretwriters.com/2011/05/removing
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by unreal030 on Thu, Sep 1 2011
  • What is the response to this?

    I have been trying to explain tax cuts as well as the financial crisis to a number of liberals who have pretty much zero understanding of economics. I was succeeding, greatly, up until this point, in which I am not sure in which way it is best to respond, and I am also curious myself as to the answer, and would appreciate an elaboration for my own intellectual
    Posted to General (Forum) by unreal030 on Mon, Aug 8 2011
  • Re: US in debt more money than there is money in the world??

    Ok. I understand now. Thank you for the great answer! I know this wasn't part of the original question but I have one last question I need some assistance with. The US debt clock says that Medicare liabilities are 79 trillion. http://www.usdebtclock.org/ The number on there states: "Medicare is based on current Tax and Funding inputs and on
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by unreal030 on Wed, May 25 2011
  • US in debt more money than there is money in the world??

    So I was using the US debt clock to explain to someone our extreme debt problem: http://www.usdebtclock.org/ I t states that we have 114 trillion in unfunded liabilities alone. He responded that this must be "pure bull" because that is more money than the entire money in the world currently in circulation. Can someone explain to me: 1. How
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by unreal030 on Wed, May 25 2011
  • Re: Institutionalized rate of inflation 5%??

    I am not sure if this was directed towards me or Mr. Hankster. At any rate, I thank Mr. Hankster for illuminating me on this matter. I hope to learn more from any potential discussion that may arise here.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by unreal030 on Thu, May 19 2011
  • Institutionalized rate of inflation 5%??

    Hello, I was hoping some Austrian advocates could help explain this to me. I recently came across this quote by G. Edward Griffin who wrote the book The Creature from Jekyll Island the infamous book on the Federal Reserve ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._Edward_Griffin ) though I do not have this book. This quote is apparently relatively recent (from
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by unreal030 on Wed, May 18 2011
  • Accounting for High-tax welfare states in Europe

    Hello. I was hoping someone could illuminate for me, through their own writing, or preferrably with some added article links, how to better understand the situation overseas. I often am posed with the question as to how these other countries are doing so well that have high tax welfare states that provide things from house subsidization to healthcare
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by unreal030 on Mon, Mar 28 2011
  • Re: Resources on the Austrian-Keynesian-Chicagoan Divide

    I finally got back to taking a look at this thread. All I can say is I am quite impressed with the quality and even length of the responses I have been given. It will take me a bit to look this all over and digest it, but I feel my questions have most likely been sufficiently answered. Thank you again everyone for the quick, quality, and timely replies
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by unreal030 on Fri, Feb 4 2011
  • Re: Resources on the Austrian-Keynesian-Chicagoan Divide

    Thank you for the quick responses everyone. I have also been referred to these two places frequently, much more so than anything else, and I unfortunately do not have the economic knowledge to know if these hold any water,and if they do, to what extent they are "damning". I would like to think that, considering the amount of literature posted
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by unreal030 on Thu, Feb 3 2011
  • Resources on the Austrian-Keynesian-Chicagoan Divide

    I have been having some conversations with friends that are immersed in the dominant economic schools of Keynesianism and Chicagoasm. It tends to end up with fallacious criticisms such as that the dominant schools are dominant for a reason, and things of this nature: "‎"To all of you Austrian economic adherents. Most economists do not
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by unreal030 on Thu, Feb 3 2011
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options