  • Re: Property is theft?

    This is basically what I thought when I read this book. Is not being able to use property to harm others control of that property by non-owners? I don't see it that way, but I never liked it as an argument against IP, either. Why is the control of others' property due to IP in the way Kinsella is talking wrong? It is clear that IF IP is wrong
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by liberticity on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • Re: A Democrats comments on the market driven economy

    [quote user="alvagoldbook2"]Being unaccountable and tyrannical is also something virtually ALL institutions have in common. Today, the bigger threat isn't government, it's business. Corporations. The only thing that can keep business in check is government. And unlike business, government often is DEMOCRATIC, and therefore the people
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by liberticity on Sun, Sep 13 2009
  • Re: Sanctity of Life Act

    [quote user="filc"]A typical parasite is intrusive. By that I mean, the parasite entered a foreign body against the will, consentm or knowledge of the body owner. In the case of a fetus, the fetus made no prior decision to be put there in the first place. In only the case of raip is it NOT the mothers fault that the child was placed there
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by liberticity on Thu, Aug 27 2009
  • Re: 'Right' to not be murdered > 'Right' to healthcare

    [quote user="Prelude To Ruin"]I've had this problem many times myself. "Rights" seem to consist of personal preferences that people in democracy worshiping cultures believe can justly be imposed on others. A vote tends to be seen as a justification in and of itself, rather than a means to achieve otherwise justifiable ends. Of
    Posted to General (Forum) by liberticity on Mon, Jul 20 2009
  • Re: 'Right' to not be murdered > 'Right' to healthcare

    [quote user="Esuric"] Healthcare, like everything, is scarce; there isn't enough top quality healthcare for every single person. Stating that it is a "right" is like saying that 5 star meals are a right, or mansions are a right. The market allocates these so-called "rights," while politicians lie and claim that scarcity
    Posted to General (Forum) by liberticity on Mon, Jul 20 2009
  • Re: 'Right' to not be murdered > 'Right' to healthcare

    [quote user="Prelude To Ruin"]why do you want to avoid the discussion of derivations of rights?[/quote] [quote user="Prelude To Ruin"]Sadly, much of your target audience is accustomed to ten second clips on the news; anything longer and you risk losing the attention of your audience.[/quote] It was an attempt to come up with something
    Posted to General (Forum) by liberticity on Mon, Jul 20 2009
  • 'Right' to not be murdered > 'Right' to healthcare

    I thought of this in trying to think of an argument to make to someone who thinks healthcare is a right without going into detail about derivations of rights. 1. The right to healthcare is derived from some basic sense of a right to life. 2. If this is really the case, the right not to be murdered should be even stronger right, because: a. A right to
    Posted to General (Forum) by liberticity on Mon, Jul 20 2009
  • Re: covenant agreements

    In my example between two people, I had them first trade properties and then give each other the property back conditionally, so that each person occupied the same residence at all times. Trying to set up the same scenario while expanding the number of people, I made that initial trade circular among all members, and then each member was conditionally
    Posted to General (Forum) by liberticity on Fri, Jun 19 2009
  • Re: covenant agreements

    Do you see anything wrong with a contract between the X number of people I laid out above? If not, can you enter into such a deal with no time limit? And if you can do that, does that bind you to find a buyer who agrees to the same conditions you agreed to in the contract if you sell?
    Posted to General (Forum) by liberticity on Fri, Jun 19 2009
  • Re: How do i reply to this Keynesian idea

    [quote user="Harry Felker"]This does not take into account for the increased purchase power, without doing such you are discounting half the reality...[/quote] Careful on that, that was my first reaction, but isn't the entire story. In the example given, increase in purchasing power cannot justify that investment, as the entrepreneur would
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by liberticity on Fri, Jun 19 2009
Page 1 of 4 (37 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | More Search Options