  • Re: Rothbard's "Ethics of Liberty"

    I am having some real trouble with the children section as well. I understand most of it until Rothbard starts talking about the illegality of aggressing against children: In the libertarian society, then, the mother would have the absolute right to her own body and therefore to perform an abortion; and would have the trustee-ownership of her children
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Granny36 on Fri, Jul 15 2011
  • Anybody ever gone on a libertarian "Mission Trip"?

    As a Christian, I've been thinking of going on a mission trip for some time. If I ever do it, I think I would love to take along libertarian reading materials as well. Obviously, there are plenty of people that need freedom re-education in the US, but it couldn't hurt to spread the message of freedom in the Third World as well. Anybody else
    Posted to General (Forum) by Granny36 on Mon, Jun 20 2011
  • Conceived in Liberty MP3 errors

    To whom it may concern: There are a few errors in the mp3 download page for Rothbard's Conceived in Liberty found here: http://media.mises.org/mp3/audiobooks/rothbard/CIL/IV/ In particular, the file entitled 4_4_27.mp3 is the same as 4_4_28.mp3 and both are Chapter 28 of Volume IV. Also, the file entitled 4_4_35.mp3 is actually Chapter 35 of Volume
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by Granny36 on Wed, Mar 16 2011
  • Rothbard's "Ethics of Liberty"

    Anybody else read this? What an amazing book! I am about 2/3rds of the way through but I have a question about the Homesteading concept. What is the definition of land that has been claimed or homesteaded? In particular, how would the hunting grounds of Native Americans be categorized? Were the European settlers violating property rights?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Granny36 on Wed, Nov 24 2010
  • Question re: Gold Standard as it relates to other countries' gold reserves

    Greetings from a newb! I am a strong proponent of the gold standard, however, I've gotten in discussions with others that say other countries with much larger gold reserves, China for example, would have an economic advantage over us and would be able to manipulate our currency in such a system. Anybody have a good rebuttle? Thanks
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Granny36 on Fri, Jan 30 2009
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | More Search Options