  • Re: An-caps, STOP lying to yourself!

    Wait. Retopper?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by filc on Sun, Dec 11 2011
  • Re: An-caps, STOP lying to yourself!

    Centinel your entire argument rests on fundamental economic theory that you are not interested in learning. Posting pretty pictures doesn't refute anything. For lack of a better way of putting you don't really have an argument at all.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by filc on Sun, Dec 11 2011
  • Re: An-caps, STOP lying to yourself!

    [quote] Citing a realistic hypothetical -- a corporate military agency (CMA) is contracted by a group of oil companies to take the Bakken reserve by force. A consortium of environmentalists own this energy bounty and wont release it to drilling. Other than energy, this region holds no significant economic value, as a result the environmentalists dont
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by filc on Sun, Dec 11 2011
  • Re: An-caps, STOP lying to yourself!

    [quote] The bottom line [/quote] The bottom line is that you have to have at least some knowledge of your opponents argument before you can be in a position to judge. You've got zero austrian literature under your belt. You don't understand the most fundamental concepts of which the entire framework is built on. You are also not interested in
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by filc on Sun, Dec 11 2011
  • Re: An-caps, STOP lying to yourself!

    [quote] What if voluntary exchange is not possible ?[/quote] You don't have to repeat the scenario. [quote] than the costs of armed force to take the resource.[/quote] You missed my argument. You don't know what those costs are. They're extremely difficult and/or impossible to measure [quote] Emprically, we know that force has been used
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by filc on Sun, Dec 11 2011
  • Re: An-caps, STOP lying to yourself!

    [quote]The bottom line is that anarchist society would punish owners of vital resources who did not effectively manage these resources. In most cases, these owners would simply sell these assets. However, in many cases these assets would not be for sale or the owner would ask to much for the resource. In this case, these resources would likely be targeted
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by filc on Sun, Dec 11 2011
  • Re: An-caps, STOP lying to yourself!

    [quote]I don't have enough firearms, tanks, planes, ships, nukes, satellites, missiles, et al at my disposal to deter retailation from state and local law enforcement legal institutions within our Constitutional Federal Republic that reject the use of coercion to obtain desired ends. [/quote] Then, via your own words, you must agree that what your
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by filc on Sun, Dec 11 2011
  • Re: An-caps, STOP lying to yourself!

    [quote]2) peaceful exchange is more costly than the use of armed force to annex the resource (the owner wants too much for the resource)[/quote] A) Empirically we know that force has always cost more than voluntary exchange. The only entities that have ever been able to show the contrary are entities which are blessed with ideological approval, like
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by filc on Sun, Dec 11 2011
  • Re: An-caps, STOP lying to yourself!

    "I'm not here to advance the discussion" Well neither are you friend. :) [Edit] In fact I did add something. I called your argument utopian and non-relevant. A non-sequitur. I also asked if you took this line of reasonign seriously. [quote]Hence, they cant succeed relative to their peers by following societal rules of voluntary and peacful
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by filc on Sun, Dec 11 2011
  • Re: An-caps, STOP lying to yourself!

    [quote]Hence, they cant succeed relative to their peers by following societal rules of voluntary and peacful exchange.[/quote] Is this a serious argument? [quote]Indeed, in the minute that it took me to write this post at least 5 people in the USA alone were raped, murdered, robbed, or beaten.[/quote] This is why no one takes you or your arguments seriously
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by filc on Sun, Dec 11 2011
Page 3 of 340 (3398 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options