Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

FEE audio files

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,985
Points 90,430
hayekianxyz Posted: Thu, Aug 6 2009 12:27 PM

So, I'm trying to download files from here:http://fee.org/audio/

and for some reason it doesn't work (I keep getting 13 second clips instead of the full lecture) any idea why or how to fix this?

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

Bob Dylan

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Looks like something wrong on FEE's end.  Maybe let their webmaster know (I assume, webmaster@fee.org) that there is something wrong with their website.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,985
Points 90,430

Thanks, I just checked again and one of them worked, so I'll check some others and see if they work.

Bob Dylan

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Points 1,500
mitcjm replied on Thu, Aug 6 2009 1:03 PM

I've had the same problems there. Sorry, no suggestions on how to make in work.

Please let us know if they fix it, lots of interesting stuff to make jogging more enjoyable.

Also, the Mises U 2009 stuff is up in the media section of this website.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,985
Points 90,430

mitcjm:

Also, the Mises U 2009 stuff is up in the media section of this website.

Yeah, I saw that. Unfortunately they haven't fixed the FEE lectures, I'll send an email to the webmaster informing him of the problems (both links can't be found and the 20 second lectures that I can download), but since probably 80% of the lectures on there weren't working for me earlier I doubt this is unnoticed.

Bob Dylan

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Never assume the webmaster knows.  I have had people tell me about broken features on my websites, 6 months after they were broken.  Everyone assumes someone else will report it.  Don't assume.  At worst, you re-report a known problem.  At best, you warn of a problem that helps all parties.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,985
Points 90,430

Thanks for the tip, I'll email him either tonight or tommorow morning and I'll put his email up on here in case anybody else wants to know. Unfortunately most of the lectures I was looking for weren't available. FEE recently changed website, so I'm wondering if that's not the cause. As somebody who is somewhat knowledgable about these matters, LibertyStudent, what sort of information would be relevant in the email?

Bob Dylan

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Provide a detailed description of the problem.  Provide the links of the pages the poorly behaved MP3s are located on.  You should also provide the specific MP3s and the problem you are having, and for fun, make sure you tell him what Operating system and browser (with version #) you are running.

That should be enough info for anyone competent to confirm what the issue is.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,985
Points 90,430

Alright, thanks for the help.

Bob Dylan

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS