Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Rand on Rights

    The concept of politicals rights are so new to the world that they are not well understood. I'd like to go over this rich kernel of Rand's book Virtue of Selfishness which deals with what rights are, from whence they come, and what they mean. Also quite interesting is her description of how the...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anenome on Thu, Sep 15 2011
  • Re: Objectivism and Austro-Libertarians: Differences?

    [quote user="Libertyandlife"] I take back some of my comments on Objectivism. Frankly I don't know too much about them to strongly criticize them. But I still think their cult of personality, support of Israel and war with Iran is creepy. [/quote] I know plenty about it being an Ex-randroid...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Thu, Sep 23 2010
  • Was Gandhi a Libertarian?

    Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 I am an objectivist and hence my philosophical base is Individualism. Recently, one of my friend raised an issue on Mahatma Gandhi, by terming him as a Libertarian. I found it wrong and infact disturbing and I opposed him, but my friend stated that...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by GarGi-Dixit on Tue, Dec 8 2009
  • Help requested...

    I seem to have gotten myself into a debate with another single-minded Randian who had the audacity to call Rothbard a charlatan: http://gusvanhorn.blogspot.com/2009/10/oath-fakers.html (see comments) I'll admit that I'm out of my league. Anybody who would like to write a follow-up comment to...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Wes Cooper on Wed, Oct 21 2009
  • Ayn Rand on Anarcho Capitalism

    She said something like this "what if the both the police of court A, and court B come to resolve a situation between a customer of court A and court B" Both want to satisfy thier customers so why not just punish the opposing customer regardless. Wouldn't competition here just lead to companies...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ChaseCola on Thu, Feb 14 2008
  • The Market for Liberty

    I recently read The Market for Liberty , Linda & Morris Tannehill's 1970 anarcho-Objectivist manifesto. I was struck by many passages. There were many ideas presented that I had not thought of previously, and this work really helped solidify my perspective of anarchism as an orderly system. As...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Thu, Nov 22 2007
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)