Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Why is coercion bad?

    So I'm reading Ethics of Liberty , and Rothbard makes a distinction between freedom of choice and power or abundance of choice. If man is stranded on a deserted island, he has a completely unrestricted freedom of choice. Unfortunately, he doesn't have much of an abundance of choice: he can either...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by tunk on Sat, Nov 12 2011
  • Unregulated-- the "Opt Out" Amendment

    Unregulated-- the "Opt Out" Amendment Hi, I am Joseph Friedlander, and I am preparing to run for President in 2012. Before I start making my videos, and preparing my campaign websites, I want to subject some ideas I have had for restored American liberty to the scrutiny (and potshots) of Mises...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by jjfriedlander on Tue, Feb 15 2011
  • Amazon Boobs, Ancient Gods and the End of Evil

    Thought you all might like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me2wQAQCip8
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by CoolUserName on Mon, Jan 3 2011
  • A Socio-biological perspective on politics and classical libertarian thought.

    Hey everyone, so this is my first post. i've written my ideas in essay form because other people are likely to read it and i don't like changing the introduction around. hope you enjoy and try at answering my questions. although i think the likely hood is that you will disagree with at least...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Cyther Lynx on Fri, Oct 8 2010
  • A brief essay on the dangers of partisanship in libertarianism.

    War of Words: Communicating the ideas of liberty while avoiding partisanship in politics. I have had both the fortune and misfortune of finding Libertarianism and Austrian Economics at a critical time. The ideas of Mises, Rothbard and so many more contemporary thinkers are experiencing a boom, Ron Paul...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Adam Magoon on Wed, May 26 2010
  • Re: Several Questions for You All.

    [quote user="CrazyCoot"] A few questions for the members of this forum; please feel free to answer all or none of them. 1) For those of who did not start off your life as libertarians please say a little bit about your evolution. Personally I was first a moderate Democrat due to family tradition...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Thu, Jan 21 2010
  • On The Subject of Freedom

    An article from my website : How many of you have stopped to consider what the word freedom means? Webster’s defines it as: 1 : the quality or state of being free: as a : the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action b : liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Michael Suede on Wed, Jan 6 2010
  • Help requested...

    I seem to have gotten myself into a debate with another single-minded Randian who had the audacity to call Rothbard a charlatan: http://gusvanhorn.blogspot.com/2009/10/oath-fakers.html (see comments) I'll admit that I'm out of my league. Anybody who would like to write a follow-up comment to...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Wes Cooper on Wed, Oct 21 2009
  • Re: Is it time for a "Liberty Manifesto"?

    [NOTE: was unable to log back in under original forum name] Wilderness wrote: "therefore if he hung out here long enough he would have admitted what he stands for is not liberty - but arbitrary despotism, I believe those were his definitions." Sir, what I stand for is Liberty, and a reasonable...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by PatriotforFreedom on Fri, Aug 21 2009
  • Re: What would you do with the EU?

    Secession is the only real hope. Maintain the free trade and common labor market, but get rid of the Euro and leave the political sphere. Losing your sovereignty to a national government is bad, but getting it lost to a multi-national government is even worse.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Wanderer on Thu, Jul 23 2009
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >