Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Conservative Libertarians

    I observe that there is a category of individuals that call themselves Conservative* Libertarians . They explain this by supporting libertarian economic policies and conservative social policies. Can this be consistent? In theory, maybe they achieve this, but what about in real world? When it comes to...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LandJ on Sun, Oct 6 2013
  • Businessmen And Liberals

    Hello everyone. I have a question about the relation between businessmen and liberalism. Is it possible for business people who own/work for corporations to support liberal and anticroyism ideas? I am asking this because companies continuously try to use government for their benefit in expense of their...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LandJ on Thu, Aug 9 2012
  • The Top Ten Reasons why the Mafia is better than the Government Posted on November 15, 2011 by dirtdigger

    http://www.freemanch.com/the-top-ten-reasons-why-the-mafia-is-better-than-the-government/ Reason 10: The Mafia has a sense of honor. If they say that they will do something, they stick to it. Most people in government don’t have a clue what a sense of honor is. If they say that they will do something...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Tue, Nov 15 2011
  • Why is coercion bad?

    So I'm reading Ethics of Liberty , and Rothbard makes a distinction between freedom of choice and power or abundance of choice. If man is stranded on a deserted island, he has a completely unrestricted freedom of choice. Unfortunately, he doesn't have much of an abundance of choice: he can either...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by tunk on Sat, Nov 12 2011
  • Libertarianism vs. Utilitarianism

    Within the field of economics there is a concept known as the equity-efficiency trade-off. Efficiency is regarded as objective. While equity is subjective and filled with value judgments. Since equity is normative the concept of fairness must be determined. Fairness is actually far more objective than...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Lawrence on Wed, Aug 3 2011
  • Ron Paul is a Voluntaryist (video)

    In this video, using Ron Paul's own words from his books and interviews, it is shown that Ron Paul's goal is voluntaryism. He adopts limited-government positions and appeals to the U.S. Constitution as part of a long-term strategy for achieving a completely free society, absent any State.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Graham Wright on Wed, Jul 20 2011
  • A pro-liberty strategy

    http://patrickkeefe.wordpress.com/2009/06/05/a-pro-life-and-proliberty-strategy/ The only thing I disagree with is the "vote with your hands" part for the obvious reasons. And I would only vote with the feet by moving to NH. But the rest is spot-on. Have lots of babies and raise them in the...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Fri, Jul 8 2011
  • Re: Christian Libertiarianism

    Hi Merlin and Eric, The problem with evolutionary philosophies of mind and decision making is that such philosophies apply recursively to your own minds. ALL evolutionary accounts of mind ultimately posit molecular self replicating and computing machinery as the ultimate source and origin of the human...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Chris Lind on Sun, Jun 12 2011
  • Re: Christian Libertiarianism

    Hi Goddard, Good comments. A little background about me...I was both an atheist and a libertarian long before I became a Christian. I am very much committed to the principles of libertarianism, and have long been fascinated by the idea of a truly free market society. One of the biggest problems in the...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Chris Lind on Sun, Jun 12 2011
  • Re: Christian Libertiarianism

    Hi Jay, Thank you VERY much for your reply. Yes, of course you are a Christian Libertarian. One of my motivations for this discussion post is to address the problem of how a pure anarcho-libertarian society can maintain order...I think I can address this and respond to your points at the same time.....
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Chris Lind on Sat, Jun 11 2011
Page 1 of 5 (48 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >