Showing related tags and posts for the General forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Capitalism = Feudalism!

    [quote user="Johnny Doe"]Problem with the word "capitalism", is that people associate it with any type of society, i.e. from laissez-faire-/anarcho- etc to crony-/state capitalism etc.[/quote] That would make it (emotionally) loaded terminology. And this maybe just the problem with...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Torsten on Mon, Jun 20 2011
  • All Mises U content now available through Bit Torrent

    I thought this would be a good way of spreading our message freely, further, and faster. I arranged all information within the torrent exactly as it was downloaded from the beautifully-arranged Mises U that you have implemented on iTunes. I thought this additional format of delivery would be handy for...
    Posted to General (Forum) by mattthetalker on Fri, Mar 5 2010
  • Re: Current Limitations of Austrian economics and Difficulty in Debating

    I agree but there are no mises daily articles that analyze various policy and qualify them either as deregulation or as regulation. If there are no concrete examples of how to break the policy down, it becomes very hard for fledgeling Austrians to win the battle of ideas.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Kenneth on Fri, Jan 22 2010
  • How did I do in this debate?

    I think I've made what will be my final post on Economics at the Science Forums Network, as I'm increasingly under the impression that it is not worth any further time and effort, I've said what needs to be said... In any case I was wondering what you guys think of how well I performed in...
    Posted to General (Forum) by abskebabs on Thu, Oct 22 2009
  • Re: Where does anarchaic law exist?

    I'm not sure if this qualifies, but UL (underwriters laboratories) checks all sorts of products (apparently everything from electronics to body armor) for safety. UL is a private company, and they get paid by companies they inspect.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Wanderer on Tue, Jul 28 2009
  • water fluoridation debate on another forum

    I'm having a debate on another forum about this subject. I was just curious about your input on the current state of it. The argument has evolved into a discussion of monopolies, with one of the participants arguing about how water is necessarily a monopoly commodity and thereby requires government...
    Posted to General (Forum) by abskebabs on Sun, Jul 5 2009
  • Ticketmaster / Live Nation - Government Barriers of Entry?

    I am reposting this since I did not get a response. I am hoping it was because I used a less read forum. If not, my apologies... I have been having an ongoing debate with a coworker regarding the tendency for monopolistic scenarios to be grounded in regulation and/or lobbying, and other government interventions...
    Posted to General (Forum) by freewheeler on Mon, Apr 13 2009
  • I am the State

    I am writing this as an apology to all of you in the United States over whom I exercise the State's power. I am an arm of the Police State. As an officer in the regulatory field of the United States Coast Guard, I have the vast power to fine, prosecute and seize private property. My sole job, that...
    Posted to General (Forum) by jdcoffey on Wed, Apr 8 2009
  • CALL FOR UNIFIED REGULATION OF GLOBAL BANKING...

    NY Fed chief urges global bank framework By James Politi in Washington and Gillian Tett in London Published: June 8 2008 23:32 | Last updated: June 8 2008 23:32 Banks and investment banks whose health is crucial to the global financial system should operate under a unified regulatory framework with “appropriate...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Superfluous on Sun, Jun 8 2008
  • What enivronmental measures do you support?

    Let's say man-made global warming is a real threat. In the abscence of anarcho-capitalism, what law would you support to address this issue? I see much hostility here toward the "social engineers" (aka most environmentalists) since none of their statist solutions would solve anything. At...
    Posted to General (Forum) by afruff23 on Tue, Feb 19 2008
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)