Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Are there two sides to the Ron Paul campaign?

    Webster wrote, "Comparing Ron Paul to statists like Reagan and Goldwater is dramatically unfair to Paul." I fully concur. Reagan was probably the biggest state-spender since Papa Joe Stalin (Truman's buddy). Goldwater was closer to Libertarianism, but was a militarist. Rothbard was so convinced...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Paul Grad on Sat, Sep 29 2007
  • Re: Are there two sides to the Ron Paul campaign?

    I'm an anarchists and I'll be voting for Ron Paul. And I'm not alone . So the Libertarian Party is vital if not necessary to repealing statism. And contrary to Konkin’s suggested timetable of a millennium, a militant and abolitionist LP in control of Congress could wipe out all the laws overnight...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bostwick on Sat, Sep 29 2007
  • Re: Are there two sides to the Ron Paul campaign?

    For us Rothbardian anarcho-capitalists (actually I like kritarchist--from the Greek for rule by judgment, i.e. choice), we MUST vote for Ron Paul. It's not like we could or would even want to launch a violent, Russian or French-style revolution. That would make us no better than the statists. The...
    Posted to General (Forum) by TigerofRobare on Fri, Sep 28 2007
  • Are there two sides to the Ron Paul campaign?

    A curious phenomenon occurs with the candidacy of Ron Paul. On one side, we have his natural supporters -- minarchists, small-government conservatives -- who are an integral part of the electoral campaign. Added to the first group there are a number of those disillusioned with government (Democrats,...
    Posted to General (Forum) by adi11235 on Fri, Sep 28 2007
  • Re: 5 Reasons Not to Vote

    The problem is not so much our republican form of government, but rather that it has been hijacked by power hungary facists. We no longer have sound money, although the Constitution calls for it. We have an income tax that is, according to Supreme Court rulings, unconstitutional. We have property taxes...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by rmtatum on Wed, Sep 26 2007
  • Re: 5 Reasons Not to Vote

    [quote user="JFedako"]Vote for Ron Paul. A vote for Paul is a vote against the establishment,[/quote] Hey, he made me start voting again.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by joecochran on Wed, Sep 26 2007
  • Re: 5 Reasons Not to Vote

    Oh ok, I guess I'd rather sit around and complain about voting then actually try to get someone who is a good man elected. You're not going to change anything in the near future. This is the one chance where people in the US can actually change things for a better, less statist direction. It's...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by justinx0r on Wed, Sep 26 2007
  • Re: 5 Reasons Not to Vote

    Another reason not to vote, participating in an election is touted by the establishment as a sign that you approve of the system if not the winning candidate. With that in mind, what is the general consensus among the American members of this site about Ron Paul's candidacy? Do many of you plan to...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Jeremiah on Tue, Sep 25 2007
Page 13 of 13 (128 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13