Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Living Free in an Unfree world (video)

    Video Description: If you can't be free in your personal life, a stateless society will do you no good. 5 minute video with music and high production value Living Free in an Unfree World ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZRTppy8gDM )
    Posted to General (Forum) by Horrorshow on Fri, Dec 10 2010
  • Government use of private security?

    Why does the state feel the need to protect the military through private security? It doesn't make much sense when you think about it. The U.S. Government is supposed to be the strongest, best trained, and most technologically advanced military in the world, yet it feels the need to hire private...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Jonathon Hurley on Wed, Oct 13 2010
  • A Socio-biological perspective on politics and classical libertarian thought.

    Hey everyone, so this is my first post. i've written my ideas in essay form because other people are likely to read it and i don't like changing the introduction around. hope you enjoy and try at answering my questions. although i think the likely hood is that you will disagree with at least...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Cyther Lynx on Fri, Oct 8 2010
  • To Anarcho-Capitalists: In a society like the one you advocate, what should be the age of consent and how should that be determined?

    The question is bascially just that simple. This was prompted by my viewing another post on child pornography in a libertarian society, and whether the making and sale of it should be permited. One poster basically said that parents own their children until those children reach the age of consent (thus...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by kingofkings92 on Mon, Jul 26 2010
  • Anarchy Defined

    What is anarchy to you? I'll use a quotation by Emma Goldman to start. Anarchism, then, really stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. Anarchism...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Fri, Jul 9 2010
  • Provisional Irish Republican Army

    The goal of the IRA is to remove North Ireland from control of the United Kingdom so that Ireland can be a united nation again. I was asking a friend of mine who's Irish, and he said that he also believes Northern Ireland should be a part of a united Ireland again. However, it's hard for me to...
    Posted to History (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • LaVeyan Satanism

    I was wondering if anyone has read Anton LaVey's "The Satanic Bible". For all of you who don't know, LaVeyan Satanism is an atheistic 'religion'. It's more of a set of ideals, but you know. I finished his book sometime last year, and I have to say I agreed with a lot of...
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Mon, Jun 21 2010
  • Robert P. Murphy's main problem

    I was listening to introduction to anarchy by Murphy which is an hour long podcast. I thought that it was okay but he relies to much upon god. I'm an atheist so all arguments that use god i automatically dismiss. I'm not trying to be anti-religious but im just not convinced by religious arguments...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anarch on Fri, May 14 2010
  • Is Anarcho-Capitalism the right word?

    a few posts by Stephan Kinsella got me thinking.Is Anarcho-capitalism the right word? depending on how you define the words "libertarian" ,"anarchy" "anarcho-capitalism" and "capitalism" a Libertarian anarchy could involve capitalism but not necessarily.Is calling...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Tue, May 11 2010
  • Spencer Heath: Thoughts?

    Here is brainpolice on "Heathian anarchism." What are your thoughts on the subject?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by krazy kaju on Fri, Apr 30 2010
Page 3 of 12 (112 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »