Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • How did Anarchism in Spain work out?

    It is always referred to by anarcho-communists in infoshop.org as proof of an anarchy based on egalitarianism and public property. How do AnCaps here answer this allegation? I also want to know how the farmers and workers took over the means of production? Was there any violence involved? http://dandelionsalad...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Kenneth on Mon, Feb 22 2010
  • Re: Defence in anarchy

    That isn't so much an argument as a statement of faith. WHY must violence be predictable and subject to control and inspection? WHY can the individual not be permitted to employ it in a just fashion (self defense, retrieval of property in a communally sanctioned fashion, lawful vengeance, etc.)?...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by DASawyer on Sun, Feb 21 2010
  • Was the original Boston Tea Party an act of violence?

    though the tax on tea was unjust (as are all taxes), wasn't the destruction of private property (i.e. tea) an act of violence? isn't it also true that the participants in the original tea party were protesting taxation without representation, and not taxation or the scale of taxation in general...
    Posted to History (Forum) by prattleon on Wed, Feb 17 2010
  • Moderator-Regulator War and Anarchism

    I just read the article on the "Wild West" by Anderson (http://mises.org/daily/4108) and am puzzled by the "Moderator-Regulator War" of East Texas. It seems an example of the failure of the Anarcho-capitalistic system of private defense. It appears that the folks involved did not...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by William Green on Tue, Feb 16 2010
  • Anarcho-Capitalism

    So I'm doing a research paper on anarcho-capitalism and have compiled a list of resources. I'm just looking for some feedback on the texts I have chosen. For example, am I missing any crucial literature? Have a listed any texts that wouldn't be all that helpful or aren't relevant (that...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by spw317 on Tue, Feb 9 2010
  • Morality of accepting government handouts

    I've re-read Walter Block's paper on libertarian punishment theory and I believe he gave a talk which I don't recall what it was called but it's somewhere in the archive, so I am basing my question around the discussion there. Block's approach to the sort of ethics of liberty - specifically...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by champthom on Tue, Feb 2 2010
  • How important is Schumpeter in the Austrian school and what do Rothbardian anarchists think of him?

    Schumpeter seems to be well known in mainstream circles but is talked about relatively less in this site even though he's an Austrian and written a lot about political economy.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Kenneth on Thu, Jan 21 2010
  • Anarcho-Capitalism?

    So an anarcho-cap friend of mine was telling me that there would be several groups within a society that meet together to propose new ideas for rules and regulations on what society does, but he told me that the citizens would vote on each and every one of these rules and regulations. If this is true...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by jaredsmith on Wed, Dec 30 2009
  • Re: The Somalia argument

    I don't classify myself as one, but there is a difference between what anarchy is (or is supposed to be) and mere chaos . A temporary absence of a central government does not an anarchy make, and several violent groups competing to become one either. Believing, that in countries fresh out of a civil...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Peter Sidor on Wed, Dec 23 2009
  • Hoppe strategy of municipality secession

    When it comes to anarcho-capitalist strategy, it seems to me that many ideas floating around are a little ridiculous, such as staging a Maoist guerrilla war. I agree that it is time to take the next step in the advancement of our cause, but does anyone else think that perhaps we are making things too...
    Posted to General (Forum) by josephbwarren on Tue, Nov 10 2009
Page 5 of 12 (112 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »