Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: So i was talking to an anarcholeftist....

    Can the following proposition be defended on libertarian/Rothbardian grounds?: If an individual uses his labor in the form of his willingness to defend a particular patch of land for the purpose of maintaining it's pristine naturalness it may be said that he legitimately owns it. Has anyone considered...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by JT King on Fri, Jul 13 2012
  • Response to a government-law society advocate

    So I'm doing this debate on a website called debate.org ( http://www.debate.org/debates/We-do-not-need-the-State-to-help-us-live-our-lives./1/ ). The topic of the debate is that we do not need a State to help us live our lives and I challenge my opponent to name a single topic where government is...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Pierre-Alexandre Crevaux on Wed, Jun 13 2012
  • Re: Christian Libertiarianism

    Artificial. As opposed to "natural", means created or produced by man. California Casualty Indemnity Exchange v. Industrial Accident Commission of California, 13 Cal.2d 529, 90 P.2d 289 Created by art, or by law; existing only by force of...[human] law. Humanly contrived. ~ Black's Law...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Lord Edward Coke on Mon, Jun 13 2011
  • To Anarcho-Capitalists: In a society like the one you advocate, what should be the age of consent and how should that be determined?

    The question is bascially just that simple. This was prompted by my viewing another post on child pornography in a libertarian society, and whether the making and sale of it should be permited. One poster basically said that parents own their children until those children reach the age of consent (thus...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by kingofkings92 on Mon, Jul 26 2010
  • Help requested...

    I seem to have gotten myself into a debate with another single-minded Randian who had the audacity to call Rothbard a charlatan: http://gusvanhorn.blogspot.com/2009/10/oath-fakers.html (see comments) I'll admit that I'm out of my league. Anybody who would like to write a follow-up comment to...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Wes Cooper on Wed, Oct 21 2009
  • Question about Polycentric Law

    Let me start by saying that I am an anarcho-capitalist and I completely believe that an anarcho-capitalistic society can function. I am just curious of this one aspect: if different DRO believe in different laws, how will lawyers be trained? Will each DRO need to have its own law school?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Wanderer on Thu, Aug 13 2009
  • Playing Tag

    I had a converasation with a man on another site, and posed this as an argument to him, I was wondering what you all thought about this.... I will note that this turned the tide of thought off limited government for him... [quote user="Harry Felker"] Normal 0 Playing Tag.... When we were kids...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Harry Felker on Sun, Jun 28 2009
  • Voluntary Slave contract?

    I was at youTube today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24nVarM20KQ) and got into a debate with someone who brought up the issue of Walter Block's support of voluntary slavery. He brought up the issue that in an anarcho-capitalist society, that there would be a risk of people signing their lives away...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by RogueMerc on Mon, Feb 9 2009
  • Re: private law - murder

    [quote user="Jean-Christophe Roux"] Thanks for answering on that topic. What does "seeking out the killer" mean practically? Since the law is private, the killer might very well argue that to him, this was not murder. Actually, "murder is not a crime under my private law"...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by krazy kaju on Wed, Jul 16 2008
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)