  • The Real Estate Bubble and Owners' Equivalent Rent

    Economists of the Austrian School understand that monetary expansion has the effect of making things more expensive than they otherwise would have been. At the root of the real-estate bubble was Federal Reserve monetary expansion funneled into the purchase of mortgages by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by hjmaiere on Mon, Nov 12 2012
  • Looking for feedback on document

    I have been writing up stuff that I thought was interesting and related to the current economic mess. It has gotten a bit long but I really think it has many interesting things that I did not understand a year ago. I think other Austrian economist types will agree with most of it and still find new stuff...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Vincent Cate on Sat, Sep 18 2010
  • Re: The Myth of Economic Bubbles

    This thread has been heading in the wrong direction since the OP. The simple fact of the matter is that the OP asks the wrong question. There is a clear distinction between the Keynesian bubble and the Austrian trade cycle. To the Keynesians and other (though not all) mainstream macroeconomists, bubbles...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by krazy kaju on Wed, Aug 4 2010
  • Shortening and Lengthening of the structure of production due to monetary manipulation - Real world examples

    I just finished reading Prices and Production by F.A Hayek. I am trying to come up with examples from economic history, or recent history, or even simple imaginary examples of the lengthening of the production process and the shortening of the production process that comes about due to the operation...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by praxe on Sun, Feb 28 2010
  • Re: Questions about inflation...

    With regards to question #1 So your saying that the dotcom bubble completed its recession cause I thought that the dotcom bubble never fully burst. In that case, the housing bubble and dotcom bubble have no connection so there was no bubble substitution.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Kenneth on Mon, Jan 25 2010
  • Is gold one giant bubble?

    Hi, this is my first post here. I was listening to Peter Schiff in 2006 predicting the collapse of the US housing market with outstanding accuracy. Similarly, he described the bursting of the dot-com bubble. In both cases assets were bid up by speculators with no regard for their underlying value as...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Morbo on Mon, Dec 1 2008
  • Who's Up for a Green Bubble?

    If government subsidies & tax favors caused malinvestment into silicon valley in the 1990's, thus causing the Dot-Com Bubble; and a similiar deal happened just now with the oil bubble, save the tragic destruction of the dollar; and the federal reserve & congress created false demand and artificially...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by marcbragh on Tue, Nov 18 2008
  • Natural economic order

    First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am a computer programmer from the Netherlands. I am working on a theory of money and banking derived from the "Natural Economic Order" of Silvio Gesell. "Natural Economic Order" clearly states that the root the economic and monetary...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Fri, Oct 3 2008
  • Federal Reserve & Bank of England

    There is a large case against the Fed, it's excess credit creation has led to bubbles, they burst, which lead us to painful times. My question is this the same case for Britain and the Bank of England? Our property bubble has been massive and has started to pop, I'm not actually sure if it's...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by garagemc on Fri, Aug 15 2008
  • The new penny?

    I picked up a ten from the fifty's said WILL PAY TO THE BEARER ON DEMAND Did that mean, will pay to everyone but an american, under the breton-woods disaster? To the inflationists remind them, hey wouldn't it be neat if everyone was a millionaire. Guess what there are country's where that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bank Run on Sat, Mar 29 2008
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >