  • Natural economic order

    First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am a computer programmer from the Netherlands. I am working on a theory of money and banking derived from the "Natural Economic Order" of Silvio Gesell. "Natural Economic Order" clearly states that the root the economic and monetary...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Fri, Oct 3 2008
  • Re: Gold standard questions

    I have a question concerning the gold standard that a friend of mine brought to my attention. First a comment. I feel returning to the gold standard is the only true way to restore a sound economy. Having said that, is it realistic to think it could be done with the growing population? Is it feasible...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by David Demoise on Fri, Aug 8 2008
  • Blueprint for Financial Regulatory Reform

    In the midst of our economic slowdown, the U.S. Treasury Dept has issued what they are calling the "Blueprint for Financial Regulatory Reform". The highlights, as given by an article on Yahoo!'s website , are as follows: --designate the Fed as the primary regulator for market stability...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sailor on Sun, Mar 30 2008
  • Re: Questions regarding FED's interest rate mechanism

    Good question. The New York Fed does not lend money to major securities dealers; it buys securities and pays for them with a check. These securities do not always have to be Treasuries. Last year, the Fed bought mortgage-backed securities. If the number of securities remained constant, there would indeed...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by DougM on Tue, Feb 5 2008
  • The Golden Constant

    There must be people on here that are aware of Roy Jastram's fascinating work "The Golden Constant". Its a book sized piece on the gold/commodity ratio from 1580 until 1976. Its a great read if you know about Mises' theory on the interest rate and the Gibson's paradox observation...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by npmcw on Thu, Dec 6 2007
  • Re: Is fiat currency protectionist?

    You are thinking of a situation when a local currency is used. One can only use this money locally:[quote]Depreciating community-owned currencies There was a time when people were so convinced that the earth was flat, that the idea that it was round was inconceivable. Likewise today, the idea of a community...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Torsten on Fri, Nov 23 2007
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)