  • Some Fundamentals of the Austrian View.

    Inquiry & Analysis. I am interested in a discussion of the foundations of the Austrian view- as the participants of this forum understand them. I have been reading in this area and I have a lot of material at my disposal; so I am not seeking links or suggested reading; I have fundamental questions...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kalinz on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • Elementary Econ. Questions

    I just finished the lecture course by Peter Klein and Joe Salerno, the Causal-Realist Approach to Economics, and the last lecture on banking and the business cycle was very fascinating. However, I was confused when Mr. Salerno said that the costs go up in the capital goods industry. Firstly, bank reserves...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Savannah Liston on Sat, Oct 3 2009
  • Ludwig Von Mises vs. Milton Friedman? PLEASE HELP ME

    I have read some works by Milton Friedman, Ludwig Von Mises, Adam Smith, and Ayn Rand; and they all seem to be correct! What are the primary philosophical differences between these individuals, especially Milton Friedman and Ludwig Von Mises. Furthermore, what distinguishes that Austrian School from...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by StephenEstes on Tue, Apr 28 2009
  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    Here's a story I just wrote to help explain what the Fed's doing to wreck our economy. Please let me know if it helps. Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 The Three Little Pigs and the Federal Reserve Crisis In their later years, they bought a yacht and sailed the seven seas...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by smokedgoldeye on Tue, Feb 24 2009
  • Natural economic order

    First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am a computer programmer from the Netherlands. I am working on a theory of money and banking derived from the "Natural Economic Order" of Silvio Gesell. "Natural Economic Order" clearly states that the root the economic and monetary...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Fri, Oct 3 2008
  • Inflation---->BAD OR GOOD???

    I was having an arguement with this person saying that people have a misconception about inflation because they think that inflation will rob him of his purchasing power of his hard earned money. So that when the prices rises, your dollar will buy fewer goods so it might seem that it lowers living standards...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Unikkatel on Fri, May 2 2008
  • Blueprint for Financial Regulatory Reform

    In the midst of our economic slowdown, the U.S. Treasury Dept has issued what they are calling the "Blueprint for Financial Regulatory Reform". The highlights, as given by an article on Yahoo!'s website , are as follows: --designate the Fed as the primary regulator for market stability...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sailor on Sun, Mar 30 2008
  • Control theory applied to business cycles.

    I am studying for an exam on Control Theory (the mechatronics stuff) and it came to my mind that I could prove (showing the absurd) the impossibility of controlling economic cycles. My first idea was to demonstrate that when central banks or economic ministers try to control the economy they are actually...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by gussosa on Tue, Feb 19 2008
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)