  • How to fund the federal govt

    I recognize the problems with current taxation at the federal level. However, I have no problems with local/state govts taxing however they see fit. As I see it, as long as people have the freedom to move, those cities/states with overly oppressive taxes will push their people away. In fact, I feel that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by AntiNeoFascist on Mon, Jan 24 2011
  • Subsidy- Solar- Cell Phones

    Their subsidization of solar panel production is, believe it or not, has little or no impact on the pace of solar energy research and development. If they subsidized the production of cell phones, new faster, smaller, more reliable cell phones would still be coming out every year. The only difference...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sanchez on Sun, Apr 18 2010
  • Some Fundamentals of the Austrian View.

    Inquiry & Analysis. I am interested in a discussion of the foundations of the Austrian view- as the participants of this forum understand them. I have been reading in this area and I have a lot of material at my disposal; so I am not seeking links or suggested reading; I have fundamental questions...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kalinz on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • improving capitalism--a lot

    Hello libertarians (and other strong supporters of liberty and--therefore--capitalism): I contacted Jeffrey Tucker regarding the idea referred to below, and he suggested I put a post on this forum. I stumbled upon a way to improve capitalism systemically and to accomplish everything any libertarian has...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Stephen Yearwood on Mon, Jan 4 2010
  • Motivation of Mainstream Economists

    I have through the years encountered explanations of economic concepts that I do not understand. Moreover, I have met other people who also do not understand. What are these mainstream economists motivated by? I would guess a large part of their motivation is that they are perceived as more intelligent...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by J.K. Baltzersen on Thu, Jul 16 2009
  • Lionel Robbins' joining the darkside

    Hello, I have been reading Mises.org now for about 6 or 7 years and it has really been the best teacher I've ever had on almost any social science topic I've been interested in. Usually questions I have can be answered by doing searches on the site or at least i can be directed to something off...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Soviet_Canuckistan on Sat, Jul 11 2009
  • Government run health care... if you're going to do it, a "better" way to do it...

    I think I will be hard pressed to find anyone on these forums supporting government-run health care. But, if you have to do it, this is how I think it should be done: Pass a law requiring everyone have some form of health coverage that meets some minimal standard - I would favor a formula that takes...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Scott Grizzard on Sun, Jul 5 2009
  • Community Reinvestment Act - Did not lower lending standards??

    Hello, I am in the middle of a rather verbose 'conversation' with an aquaintance, and his most recent response to me contained the following paragraph: Evidently you have fallen victim to recent propaganda about the Community Reinvestment Act. The CRA actually restrained subprime lending. I urge...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by drblinky on Wed, Oct 22 2008
  • Payroll Loans

    I work for a 20 person company. I make around $50k/yearas do most of my coworkers. I asked my boss if he ever had to take a loan to make payroll. He told me that he has enough money in a account to cover pay for six months. So we started talking economics a somemore. I am very comfortable with my job...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gene on Wed, Oct 8 2008
  • Natural economic order

    First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am a computer programmer from the Netherlands. I am working on a theory of money and banking derived from the "Natural Economic Order" of Silvio Gesell. "Natural Economic Order" clearly states that the root the economic and monetary...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Fri, Oct 3 2008
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >