Showing related tags and posts for the Newbies forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: MBA Versus CFA

    "I think a CFA gives you legal priviledges, just like a CPA." Just to clarify from a current CFA candidate, the charter does not give you any additional legal priviledges. While highly regarded and encouraged by many investment managers, it is not legally necessary to work in the investment...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Chris K on Thu, Jun 2 2011
  • Electric Power Transmission: Public vs. Private

    I am a young professional working in the electric power industry. As with many industries there is extensive involvement of public governance for the generation, transmission, and distribution of electric power. I plan to spend my career in this industry and would love to understand the Mises Institute...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Rusty on Sat, Dec 4 2010
  • Best Economics University?

    I am a post professional with a degree in aeronautics and am now at a crossroads in my life after finishing ten years in the military. I would like to get a second degree in economics but am unsure which universities are best suited to the task. My previous experiences with economics classes were less...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Jon T. on Sun, Mar 14 2010
  • Re: response to Krugman?

    Real wealth and real monetary value is created and/or acquired ONLY when the members of a family (or a nation, tribe, city-state, etc.) plant, grow and/or harvest something of commercial value from the earth, extract something of commercial value from the earth, provide professional services (medical...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Gerald Spencer on Mon, Feb 15 2010
  • Throwdown in class

    I am currently taking a class entitled "Politics of the Global Economy," and today we had a class discussion of the ethics/morality/solutions to sweatshops in undeveloped countries. Thus far in my life, I have only ever added menial tidbits to such discussions, but today I jumped in with my...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Jeff on Mon, Jan 18 2010
  • Newbie

    Hello Everyone, I'm new to the Mises online community. I am not however, new to the ideas of Austrian economics. I am currently reading End the Fed-by Ron Paul and then moving on to Road to Serfdom-by Friedrich A. Hayek. I would love to hear about your favorite books or suggestions. -Natalie
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Natalie on Wed, Nov 18 2009
  • NYU and the Austrian Economics Program

    Hey, I'm not entirely sure but can someone please explain to me what's going on at NYU? I'm interested in transferring to NYU and I'm wondering how they are in terms of Austrian economics. I know there are a few acclaimed professors of the subject that teach there but is there actually...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Johnnypanic on Sun, Nov 15 2009
  • Student Loans

    How do government subsidies make college more expensive?
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Captain America on Sat, Jun 6 2009
  • Hello, I am new to the Community

    Hi, I am Harry Felker and I am new to the community here, I write literature for a constitutional movement, and am expanding not only my audience, but my knowledge of Capitalism, as I view it as a moral foundation to essential Liberty. I have been using the site as a reference to my work in relation...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Harry Felker on Tue, May 19 2009
  • Looking for booklet written by Milton Friedman

    On October 25, 1983 Milton Friedman gave a lecture provocatively entitled "The suicidal impulse of the business community" at the Hoover Pacific Coast Seminar Dinner. His remarks were published by the Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University in 1984. A quote from this address...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by harryb on Sat, Apr 25 2009
Page 1 of 2 (13 items) 1 2 Next >