  • Gradual Impoverishment Through Free Trade Causing Capital Outflow

    For the sake of simplicity imagine the world contained only 2 fictional countries: The first country (C1) is very rich and powerful thanks to the efforts of previous generations, but it's current population loves to consume and consume and it's economy has 'evolved' away from boring repetitive...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mark on Fri, Apr 23 2010
  • Some Fundamentals of the Austrian View.

    Inquiry & Analysis. I am interested in a discussion of the foundations of the Austrian view- as the participants of this forum understand them. I have been reading in this area and I have a lot of material at my disposal; so I am not seeking links or suggested reading; I have fundamental questions...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kalinz on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • Ludwig Von Mises vs. Milton Friedman? PLEASE HELP ME

    I have read some works by Milton Friedman, Ludwig Von Mises, Adam Smith, and Ayn Rand; and they all seem to be correct! What are the primary philosophical differences between these individuals, especially Milton Friedman and Ludwig Von Mises. Furthermore, what distinguishes that Austrian School from...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by StephenEstes on Tue, Apr 28 2009
  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    Here's a story I just wrote to help explain what the Fed's doing to wreck our economy. Please let me know if it helps. Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 The Three Little Pigs and the Federal Reserve Crisis In their later years, they bought a yacht and sailed the seven seas...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by smokedgoldeye on Tue, Feb 24 2009
  • Natural economic order

    First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am a computer programmer from the Netherlands. I am working on a theory of money and banking derived from the "Natural Economic Order" of Silvio Gesell. "Natural Economic Order" clearly states that the root the economic and monetary...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Fri, Oct 3 2008
  • Re: Questions regarding FED's interest rate mechanism

    Point taken. However I'm not debating the form and makeup of a state, or indeed the virtues of anarchism! What I'm curious about is whether or not the core economic issue is the violent enforcement of a monopoly on currency ( by the state ). Fine, get rid of the FED - let the state control money...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fingolfin on Wed, May 21 2008
  • Re: Questions regarding FED's interest rate mechanism

    @ meambobbo Great post, just curious... So... perhaps what might be ideal is a completely open, free-market competition in actual currency? Gold, silver, paper money (backed 100% by X Y or Z) or e-gold, diamonds, vintage cheeses (joke!) or whatever the free-market innovates and finds most convenient...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fingolfin on Wed, May 21 2008
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)