  • Sound Money Activist Organizations

    What organization promote sound money? I'm especially interested in organizations running advertising campaigns. Here's my current list: Campaign for Liberty Cobden Centre Constitutional Tender Foundation for the Advancement of Monetary Education Gold Standard 2012 Gold Standard Solution InflationData...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Dave Doctor on Wed, Aug 15 2012
  • Sound Money Reading List?

    Hi all, I am looking for books to read on the subject of money to get an in depth understanding of it. Here is one question I am trying to understand. I have recently started reading Austrian Economics works. I just finished Rothbard's "What has Government Done to Our Money?" and it went...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by P. Lotor on Wed, Nov 10 2010
  • "Mathematically perfected economy"

    I recently ran in to this stuff on another site, and I really hate to give it any more publicity than it already has, but I am curious what you all think of it. There's a guy named Mike Montagne who has come up with a seemingly communist money utopia called the mathematically perfected economy (MPE...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by P. Lotor on Tue, Nov 2 2010
  • "Sound" banks?

    Had a question for anyone who could give a half-way descent answer to it - If the idea of sound money is growing, then why aren't there (to my knowledge) any "sound" banks or credit unions? What I mean by this is, at a minimum, is banks who hold the value of money equal to deposits? Or...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Nikhil Kumra on Wed, Oct 28 2009
  • Transition to sound money in country with zero gold in treasury

    My questions deals with transitioning away from a fiat currency in a country with zero gold in its treasury. Rothbard, in The Case Against the Fed, states the U.S. can transition away from fiat currency by dividing the amount of dollars by the gold stored in the treasury. For the sake of discussion,...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Dave Doctor on Fri, Jul 31 2009
  • Krugman's babysitter co-op analogy - am I missing something?

    I've been trying to read Krugman's book (I find it heavy on rhetoric and short on logic) and have been thinking about his babysitter analogy. I see RockyRacoon's point about the price-fixing. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me there are other problems as well. In this analogy, the money...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by William Green on Thu, May 21 2009
  • Re: Baby-sitting Paul Krugman: Unraveling the Babysitter Analogy

    I've been trying to read Krugman's book (I find it heavy on rhetoric and short on logic) and have been thinking about this babysitter analogy. I see you point about the price-fixing. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me there are other problems as well. In this analogy, the money is originally...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by William Green on Tue, May 19 2009
  • Non-Centralized sound money distributed 'banking' system

    I have an idea. More than an idea, a high-level software architecture for a distributed banking system based on sound money (in this case silver-backed - but could be gold or whatever). This would not be under the control of any sort of centralized bank. Completely decentralized, much like the torrent...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Joel on Tue, May 12 2009
  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    Here's a story I just wrote to help explain what the Fed's doing to wreck our economy. Please let me know if it helps. Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 The Three Little Pigs and the Federal Reserve Crisis In their later years, they bought a yacht and sailed the seven seas...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by smokedgoldeye on Tue, Feb 24 2009
  • Re: Local currencies, Beyond Greed and Scarcity by Bernard Lietaer

    What I’ve gotten so far is that he suggests we invert the investment utility of money as a medium of exchange. Rather than earning money for hoarding money (interest on savings), he evokes the thoughts of Silvio Gesell saying that ...money is a public good - like the telephone or bus transport...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Egoistorms on Thu, Feb 5 2009
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >