  • Healthcare Individual Mandate Constitutional

    I came across an interesting blog post today regarding "Obamacare" and the individual mandate. The author claims the mandate under the constitution is perfectly legal because it is simply a tax. http://blog.ometer.com/2011/04/16/individual-mandate-and-the-power-to-tax/ [quote]There’s...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Tue, May 17 2011
  • How to fund the federal govt

    I recognize the problems with current taxation at the federal level. However, I have no problems with local/state govts taxing however they see fit. As I see it, as long as people have the freedom to move, those cities/states with overly oppressive taxes will push their people away. In fact, I feel that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by AntiNeoFascist on Mon, Jan 24 2011
  • How To Not Pay Taxes

    What are some inventive ways that people have made up to not pay taxes? Either income or anything else. I don't really know if I'm allowed to ask this on here, but hopefully I can. If the IRS is reading this right now, I'm, um... researching for a book?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Wed, Jun 30 2010
  • 100% Inheritance Tax

    I was having an argument with someone about the Inheritance Tax. I'll just refer to him as my 'opponent' for this discussion. So my opponent was saying that capitalism ends up not being fair in the long run because when wealthy people die, they pass along their fortune to their kids, who...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Tue, Jun 22 2010
  • Re: International Economics - topics?

    Perhaps talk about abolishing taxes on gasoline/petroleum as a method of increasing international trade?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Wanderer on Tue, Dec 1 2009
  • Re: (UK) investment advice for a beginner - gold/silver etc.

    OK firstly thank you to everyone for their sound advice it is really very much appreciated. I think I am much clearer now about how this all works but I still have a few suggested links I'm reading through. I think I can put the digital currencies on the backnurner for now, it seems a little complex...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fingolfin on Tue, Oct 7 2008
  • Natural economic order

    First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am a computer programmer from the Netherlands. I am working on a theory of money and banking derived from the "Natural Economic Order" of Silvio Gesell. "Natural Economic Order" clearly states that the root the economic and monetary...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Fri, Oct 3 2008
  • Argument against the gas tax

    In a forum debate, I mentioned that the gas tax was partially responsible for the increased price of gas. Then, I advocated getting rid of it. Someone proposed a counterargument: "The gas tax itself is actually beneficial to the consumers, since all money collected via it is automatically alloted...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by eliotn on Sun, Jul 20 2008
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)