  • Re: Economics Courses in Song and Story, and How to Inoculate Oneself.

    Finally we Hermann Hesse's full length novel, The Glass Bead Game, for which he won a Nobel Prize, describing a syllabus in mainstream economics. We cannot quote it in full, but instead let wikipedia do the talking: The Glass Bead Game takes place at an unspecified date, centuries into the future. Hesse suggested that he imagined the book's
    Posted to General (Forum) by Smiling Dave on Thu, Apr 4 2013
  • Economics Courses in Song and Story, and How to Inoculate Oneself.

    Dave has written lately about the toxic effect a mainstream economice course has on the brain. I've described the slippery slope to madness here: http://mises.org/community/forums/t/33177.aspx I've elaborated on why these courses are useless here: http://mises.org/community/forums/p/33144/516773.aspx#516773 Now is the time to help save the unfortunate
    Posted to General (Forum) by Smiling Dave on Thu, Apr 4 2013
  • Re: Hayek and Indifference Curves

    I'm going to assume that you're being deliberately disingenuous here. The question I have is, why? It's all he's got.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Smiling Dave on Thu, Apr 4 2013
  • Re: What college econ courses have you taken?

    I've taken zero economics courses, and I am gratefull that I didn't. I see every day the way they twist the thinking of people who take them. I used to think maybe these people are dummies to begin with. But then I saw cases of people taking the courses, and their minds turning to silly putty before my very eyes. You have been warned. Like Homer
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Smiling Dave on Thu, Apr 4 2013
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    Yes, value is subjective. Progress. But you still don't know what "backed by" means. It does not mean "has some cost of production". The fact that bitcoin needs wattage [which has value] to get made gives bitcoin, or anything else for that matter that requires wattage to be made, exactly zero value. The value of something does
    Posted to General (Forum) by Smiling Dave on Thu, Apr 4 2013
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    Point me where I failed at interpreting Mises's Theory of Money and Credit. Chapter and Page number. You failed way before that, because you think wattage spent gives bitcoin value somehow. You don't get the ABC's, the baby steps. You don't know what value is and where it comes from. Money and Credit is too advanced for you. My opinion
    Posted to General (Forum) by Smiling Dave on Thu, Apr 4 2013
  • Re: Misean Regression Theorem ??

    Toxic, The topic is not what liquidity is [which you defined wrongly in your last post, btw]. All you wrote is irrelevant. Have you even read the regression theorem? I don't know how to get through to you, so I hereby give up trying. Horse has been led to water, nothing more to do.
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Smiling Dave on Thu, Apr 4 2013
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    Whose language are you referring to? What is the name of this website? I'm here to focus on the subject not get into a flowery debate about definitions. You are out of focus because you don't have the definitions correct. You are saying, "I want to build a castle on this spot, not get into debates about some quicksand here." ...I'll
    Posted to General (Forum) by Smiling Dave on Thu, Apr 4 2013
  • Re: Was Strauss right?

    Don't know whether Nietzsche had anything profound to say, but from what I've seen many people have the following series of thoughts when reading him. 1. Deep down, I'm insecure and feel inferior. 2. And look, here's Nietzsche saying there are Supermen in this world. 3. Why don't I hide my feelings of insecurity by telling myself
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Smiling Dave on Thu, Apr 4 2013
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    ...what "research" are you referring . Find out what "backed by" means. Find out what "value" means. Find out what "intrinsic value" means. Toxic has to do the same research, BTW. Hints: "Backed by" does not mean "needed such and such for its creation." "Backed by" does not mean "protected
    Posted to General (Forum) by Smiling Dave on Thu, Apr 4 2013
Page 16 of 68 (680 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options