  • Futbol, Fate, and 42

    Fate isn't a popular subject these days. After all, the world has grown up. Industrialized. Science has eliminated mystery and explains the world around us. Changing our surroundings is as easy as pumping flammable hydrocarbons from the ground and using their chemical energy to dig enormous holes from which we extract raw materials to modify our
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Wed, Apr 29 2009
  • Barney the Congressional Dinosaur

    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family, with a kiss and a hug and a smile - Woops! Wrong Barney. I was thinking of that other purple dinosaur. The one who represents Massachusets' Fourth Congressional District. Barney Frank. I'd like to say that nothing surprises me anymore, but everytime I reach that point something even more amazing
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Tue, Apr 21 2009
  • The Gun Pointed at the Head of the Economy

    I loved HALO. The original game. Even with XBox Live, neither HALO 2 nor HALO 3 captured the essence of the original game feel. Not only was it a great game, but it had a great soundtrack. I still listen to the album when driving from time to time. One of the best songs on the HALO soundtrack is The Gun Pointed at the Head of the Universe . And it played
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Fri, Apr 17 2009
  • Cuba: Last Hot Border of the Cold War... Almost

    There was a time, not that long ago, when forces of the West were arrayed against forces from the East along what was called an 'Iron Curtain.' Communist nations trapped in or controlled by the Soviet Union had cut themselves off from interaction with the 'freedom-loving' nations of the West. Their ideology, as espoused quite clearly
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Fri, Apr 17 2009
  • Pirates of the Arabian

    Perhaps the most surprising thing about these pirate attacks in the Arabian Sea is that no one in the media has used the phrase, 'Pirates of the Ar-a-bian.' I guess I'll be the first. Afterall, journalists the world over are already borrowing from my insightful, common sense analysis. Guys, a little credit please. Anyway, I came across an
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Wed, Apr 15 2009
  • Bureaucracy In Action

    I was looking over my posts the other day and said to myself, "Futbol Guru, you sure have become cynical." So I've been thinking about my attitude and trying to decide if I'm being fair or if I've gotten into a rut. Well it's always possible to focus on doom and gloom. My lovely wife often accuses me of having gotten into a
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Wed, Apr 1 2009
  • How To Fix The U.S. Financial Problem

    The reasons behind the collapse of the banking industry and its subsequent bailout by the government are going to be argued by pundits and experts for the next hundred years. There will be books written on it. It will be the subject of countless Ph.D. dissertations. Political candidates will reference it in their speeches – oh how they will use
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Tue, Mar 17 2009
  • The Three Dirty Words

    The late George Carlin had seven dirty words. Seven words that you weren’t allowed to say on TV. The list is probably larger now, but you can also say them on TV. At least I hear them on TV regularly. If you are intersted in what they are you can look here . A dirty word is a strange thing. In the end it is nothing more than a sound, usually but
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Tue, Mar 17 2009
  • The Religious Wrong and The Republican Retreat

    Limbaugh was calling it, “…the end of the Democratic Party.” And so it might have seemed in 1994 to a party awash in victory and full of the hubris that comes with it. President Clinton had overreached with his gun control measures and secret health care meetings. His past was catching up with him – the affairs, the secret trysts
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Mon, Mar 16 2009
  • The Religious Right and the Republican Revolution

    Since the election of Ronald Reagan as President in 1980 the United States has seen a monumental shift of political power. Prior to this the South had been a Democratic stronghold as a result of the Civil War. Even a hundred years after, it had not been forgotten that Lincoln, a Republican, had invaded and decimated the South over what is still claimed
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Fri, Mar 13 2009
Page 5 of 8 (73 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options