  • Futbol Monograph #1

    Occasionally it is good to back away from the doom and gloom of daily life, like torture, economic apocalypse, and government malfeasance, and look at something that doesn’t matter. It just so happens that these two criteria – something that doesn’t matter and isn’t gloomy – intersect at one of my true passions in life
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Tue, Feb 3 2009
  • If It's Wrong, It's Wrong

    America means something. America is different. It really is. As far as I know, and I don’t know everything – close, but not all – there has never been a situation where a man from a class of people imported as slaves, has risen to be leader of that nation, without a violent rebellion, in just a few generations. My last blog was about
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Mon, Feb 2 2009
  • A Truly Great Day

    Today is a great day to be an American. For the first time in the history of the United States, a black man will become the President of this land. Today a black man becomes the most powerful individual in the world. It would be easy to become a lemming and join the herds of fuzzy brown creatures hurtling in opposite directions towards the cliffs. In
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Tue, Jan 20 2009
  • The Best Example Yet ...

    ... of lemming-like behavior among humans. dirt 1234345.html No exposition necessary. - Futbol Guru
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Wed, Jan 14 2009
  • The Legacy of a Lemming

    "The most important job I have had - and the most important job the next president is going to have - is to protect the American people from another attack." - President George Bush, January 13, 2009 There has been much talk in the past few weeks, and especially this week, about the legacy of President George Bush the 2 nd . For starters,
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Tue, Jan 13 2009
  • AMC and the Dodo

    AMC. American Motors Corporation. Does anybody remember that one? They actually made some pretty cool cars. The Javelin and AMX come to mind. Forward thinking for the time, the AMX was a two-seat sports car with a 401 C.I.D. engine. Fast, good-handling. It actually competed well with GTOs, Camaros, Mustangs, Firebirds, Chargers, and other stallions
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Wed, Jan 7 2009
  • I'm Not One of Those

    It has become unfashionable in some circles to speak out against the rich. Of course it is a hobby on the left, and it is not at all uncommon for a wealthy congressman or actor to rail against excess, such as former South Carolina Senator Ernest Hollings’, famous statement that, “There’s too much consumin’ goin’ on.”
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Thu, Jan 1 2009
  • Protection At Any Cost

    We forget things. We forget because we are people, and people are lemmings. For a moment, recall the basis for my analysis – the myth of the lemming. Lemmings DO NOT rush into the sea and commit mass suicide. Lemmings can, however, be frightened, especially by those who seek to benefit from their panicky mob behavior, whether they be unscrupulous
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Thu, Jan 1 2009
  • Supporting the Royals

    In 1940 the Wehrmacht was the most successful army on Earth. Nazi Germany's insane leadership had hijacked their nation's professional military and sent them on a rampage across Europe. Prior to their failed invasion of Britain, which rested on the backs of the Luftwaffe, they had tasted only success. Part of this unprecedented run was because
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Tue, Dec 23 2008
  • Getting Americans Back Into the Ecomony

    My grandmother grew up in Mississippi during the Great Depression. Life for her must have been unimaginably difficult compared to the ease we enjoy today, even with the economy like it is. She knew how to can food, grow a garden, fix things, and generally live on a lot less. She expected less out of life and was frugal, saving her money for a rainy
    Posted to Not-a-Lemming (Weblog) by FutbolGuru on Mon, Dec 22 2008
Page 7 of 8 (73 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > | More Search Options