  • Re: Gary North, Ron Paul curriculum, and The Skeptical Libertarian blog

    Well what exactly is being said? Either libertarians have a problem with TSL for whatever reason, or people find their critiques on culturally right libertarians unsettling, because they know they might be right. IDK if it seems a bit odd to anyone that AltRight Radio has interviewed Thomas Woods and Bob Murphy, which is run by Richard Spencer who's
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bert on Fri, Apr 12 2013
  • Re: Gary North, Ron Paul curriculum, and The Skeptical Libertarian blog

    I'm sort of lost in the point of this thread now. Do we have people defending Gary North? I wouldn't be surprised if one retorted with "because NAP" as some sort of libertarian scapegoat. Personally I don't have any interest in the "big names" of libertarianism anymore (Rockwell, Woods, Hoppe, etc.) and I find it strange
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bert on Thu, Apr 11 2013
  • Re: Gary North, Ron Paul curriculum, and The Skeptical Libertarian

    I have to say that TSL has been a growing favorite blog of mine in regards to libertarianism and other "fringe" areas of interest. I think the reason a lot of people don't like them is that they are willing to call out libertarian scholars with a reason why on various topics, whether cultural or political. People don't like that libertarians
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bert on Mon, Apr 8 2013
  • Gary North, Ron Paul curriculum, and The Skeptical Libertarian blog

    Gary North: The Libertarian Taliban
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bert on Mon, Apr 8 2013
  • Re: Is Rock and Roll Dead?

    I just thought of this quote from The Black Keys: Rock & roll is dying because people became OK with Nickelback being the biggest band in the world… So they became OK with the idea that the biggest rock band in the world is always going to be shit – therefore you should never try to be the biggest rock band in the world. Fuck that!
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bert on Wed, Apr 3 2013
  • Re: Is Rock and Roll Dead?

    vive, wouldn't you think this shift could be sort of a facade as far as music goes? In regards to all forms of rock music, I won't deny they can sell, but I've never come across anyone that's into music to only scope out what's generally known, or in other words to pick at the crust without digging into the pie. When grunge became
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bert on Wed, Apr 3 2013
  • Re: *** March 2013 Low Content Thread ***

    A piece I finished titled Foundation of Religion . Taking influence from William James, Joseph Campbell, Mirciea Eliade, and Douglas Hofstadter. I haven't proof read it, so there may be some errors.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bert on Wed, Apr 3 2013
  • Re: Is Rock and Roll Dead?

    When it comes to rock and roll and the general conception and bands that people think of, like Led Zepplin and The Beatles, I find them uninteresting. I'll take The Stooges over them any day, and in my opinion The Stooges have more of an embodiment of "rock and roll" than the more popular bands ( exhibit A ). I think a defining difference
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bert on Tue, Apr 2 2013
  • Re: Is Rock and Roll Dead?

    Student, I actually really enjoy that Young song and I've been wanting to cover it for a while now. Anyway, as far as marketing and top 40 goes, rock music is there, but as always it will always be under the radar compared to what they can sell. Another example, Jack White had referred to the band The Gun Club as an essential band in rock history
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bert on Tue, Apr 2 2013
  • Re: Is Rock and Roll Dead?

    What is "rock and roll"? From experience, people are pulling away from what's generally pop music (this includes a mainstream conception of rock n roll) and find other outlets. If you simply go by the charts, then you're looking in the wrong place. If you want to find music, then the radio is the last place you want to find it. Websites
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bert on Tue, Apr 2 2013
Page 1 of 37 (363 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options