  • Re: Ron Paul officially running in 2012.

    The media is already ruining any chance of him getting the support of the masses by bringing up that he wouldn't have voted for the Civil Rights Act. Most people see that and think "racism". No one wants to vote for some crazy racist from Texas, who also happens to believe 9/11 was blowback and not an attack on our freedoms.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Le Master on Wed, May 18 2011
  • Re: Philosophy Suggestions

    There was actually just a post on Maverick Philosopher about this: Assembling a Philosophical Toolkit . Check out the comments. Reading philosophical blogs such as his (David Gordon is a fan), Beyond Necessity , and others will help you understand common philosophical topics. H.W.B. Joseph's An Introduction to Logic is not just an awesome work on
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Le Master on Fri, May 13 2011
  • Re: Pick up lines for economists

    If you go down on my factor of production I'll churn out a consumption good.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Le Master on Thu, May 12 2011
  • Re: Logical deductions from the Action Axiom

    [quote]David Gordon will show you: An Introduction to Economic Reasoning . See the first 129 pages.[/quote] In case anyone missed this post, I really suggest clicking the link and reading it the pages I mentioned (very quick read). First Gordon explains deductive logic, explains the action axiom and the assumptions, then starts syllogizing. There is
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Le Master on Wed, May 11 2011
  • Re: *** May 2011 low content thread ***

    Microsoft's Principal Researcher, Bill Buxton has made his huge private collection of tech gizmos and gadgets available to be viewed by the public . For those that can't go see it, he has put it all online with detalied info about each item, including his personal notes on each one. His thoughts about the 1968 TV remote control called the Space
    Posted to General (Forum) by Le Master on Wed, May 11 2011
  • Re: Logical deductions from the Action Axiom

    David Gordon will show you: An Introduction to Economic Reasoning . See the first 129 pages.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Le Master on Wed, May 11 2011
  • Re: Can anyone be good at math?

    Myself, I have a bachelor of science in mathematics and in computer science, and I'm now getting my master's in actuarial science. I started my undergrad in pre-pharm and, when taking a Calc I class, discovered that math was pretty fun.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Le Master on Fri, May 6 2011
  • Re: Godel's Incompleteness Theorem

    For anyone intersted, Peter Smith , logician and senior lecturer at Cambridge, posted in a blog the other day his notes (PDF) for his four lectures on Gödel’s theorems this term. He also says to watch this space for supplemental things such as exercises, handouts and what not. If you haven't visted his blog before, there is a wealth of
    Posted to General (Forum) by Le Master on Fri, May 6 2011
  • Re: Anybody want to deny that NATO murders children?

    School for children with down syndrome hit in NATO strike . No kids were in the building at the time, but it's ridiculous. Who's going to pay for this?
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Le Master on Mon, May 2 2011
  • Re: On the news: Osama bin Laden is dead

    Don't worry. The MSM has already come up with the perfect explanation for the burial at sea to put the curious minds of the masses at ease: they didn't want bin Laden's burial place to become a terrorist shrine. Lawl.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Le Master on Mon, May 2 2011
Page 1 of 26 (259 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options