  • Re: Arizona Immigration Laws...?

    [quote user="bbro"] Hi all. I'm new so, you know, not sure if this is appropriate to discuss (should be, no? - do we talk about immigration here? It seems like it could be relevant to so many things - private property, anarcho-capitalism, etc.) Anyhow, I have relatively recently adopted a libertarian philosophy (around the time of Ron
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Wilmot of Rochester on Wed, May 5 2010
  • Re: Revisiting Waco

    [quote user="Jeremiah Dyke"] Just finished watching Waco: The Rules of Engagement and feel slightly nauseas. Has the American people simply forgot about this incident? [/quote] That film is a good example as to why libertarian efforts to just be left alone by the government would probably fail. Can't just drop out of society; not because
    Posted to General (Forum) by Wilmot of Rochester on Fri, Mar 26 2010
  • Re: Healthcare Bill Passed

    [quote user="Praetyre"] To borrow a phrase about arguing with idiots, never argue with a leftist using emotional claptrap. They'll beat you by virtue of experience. [/quote] So then what do you do? Let him get to the ears of people first? I don't think that's the best way to go about it either. Leftists win on virtue of emotion
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Wilmot of Rochester on Thu, Mar 25 2010
  • Re: Afghanistan, Iraq and Israel

    [quote user="bloomj31"] [quote user="Jonathan M. F. Catalán"] But, given the information presented, how do you justify the U.S. occupation of Afghanistan? And, we might as well talk about Iraq while we're at it. I'm not trying to push you into a corner; I am genuinely interested in starting a discussion on the wars
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Wilmot of Rochester on Thu, Mar 25 2010
  • Re: Healthcare Bill Passed

    [quote user="Esuric"] Appeals to emotion are very powerful I guess. [/quote] They certainly are, but how do you combat them? With appeals to emotion. Conservatives in the US really need to begin fighting fire with fire, because reason and facts simply do not work in arguments. Sorry, they don't.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Wilmot of Rochester on Thu, Mar 25 2010
  • Re: "Churchill, Hitler and the "Unnecessary War" by Pat Buchanan

    [quote user="CrazyCoot"] Hitler was convinced not to press the Tyrol issue with the Italians, so if the French and the Brits had said "We're not going to defend Central/Eastern Europe and have at with the Bolshies; we won't attack you from behind' I believe that he would have begrudingly accepted French control of Alsace-Lorraine
    Posted to History (Forum) by Wilmot of Rochester on Sun, Jan 10 2010
  • Re: The "Avatar" of Capitalism

    [quote user="Conza88"] From FB status updates, to the reviews I have seen... would it be accurate to call it a visually mind blowing Fern Gully... green agenda extraordinaire..? [/quote] It has elements of green washing, but only elements. It is more anti-empire than anything else. But yes, it is a landmark in visual effects.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Wilmot of Rochester on Mon, Jan 4 2010
  • Re: Why don't human beings desire liberty?

    [quote user="bloomj31"] The other thing I think we could talk about is how libertarianism appeals to people with money. I've never met a poor libertarian. But there are more people without money than people with money. So, we're outnumbered. In fact, the only reason I got into conservatism and libertarianism is because I stand to benefit
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Wilmot of Rochester on Mon, Jan 4 2010
  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    [quote user="nirgrahamUK"] Question. how is Mises' take on 'price level' an example of a political dogma? [/quote] In the way you use it to relate to the topic at hand. Most of the topics - scratch that, basically all the topics - on this forum are centered around politics. To quote large pockets of text straight from one source
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Wilmot of Rochester on Mon, Jan 4 2010
  • Re: Why don't human beings desire liberty?

    [quote user="Knight_of_BAAWA"] Except nothing of the sort is happening. However, what makes a community not grow is a wannabe-dictator who inconsistently applies his own rules . You know what's coming next, don't you? I did warn you in the email, after all. [/quote] Irony. lol
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Wilmot of Rochester on Mon, Jan 4 2010
Page 3 of 48 (471 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options