  • Re: Okay, the "inflation tax" argument is weakened for me!

    [quote user="z1235"] You just discovered that a living and healthy host may be in the best interest of every engorging parasite (i.e. dead host => dead parasite). Good work. [/quote] That's not the entirety of the point. It's just that inflation tax is small peanuts for the government. It won't amount to more than $13 billion
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prateek Sanjay on Mon, Aug 29 2011
  • Okay, the "inflation tax" argument is weakened for me!

    I always thought that an effective argument against inflationary policies today is that it effectively functions as a tax on the general public, a weakening of the future purchasing power of others to allow the fast money (state authorities) to acquire more assets cheaply and early. http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/review/92/03/Seigniorage_Mar_Apr1992
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prateek Sanjay on Mon, Aug 29 2011
  • Re: Spanish anarchists are still completely insane

    Okay, since there are going to be 100 posts saying the same thing, I'll get this out of the way. The syndicalist version of anarchists (based in Italy, Spain, and Greece) have been using anarchist for far longer than the Auburn folks have, and it's pointless for Mises forum folks to continue the line of "We are true anarchists, they are
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prateek Sanjay on Fri, Aug 19 2011
  • Spanish anarchists are still completely insane

    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23979319-spanish-protest-and-rioting-at-pope-visit.do What is wrong with these people anyway? Their days of the Red Terror in the 1930s were bad enough, but instead of getting discredited and isolated away from normal people slowly throughout the decades, they still gain supporters. Why do anarchists always
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prateek Sanjay on Fri, Aug 19 2011
  • Re: *** August 2011 low content thread ***

    [quote user="John James"]The Fake Civility Project with (the unattractive) Froma Harrop[/quote] I can't believe I am responding to a very minor point, but while the oft-published photo of Ms. Harrop does look bad, there is another photo of her that I saw, and she looks quite normal. I and my father often say we are not very photogenic
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prateek Sanjay on Wed, Aug 10 2011
  • Re: One reason the stimulus didn't work...

    [quote user="Neodoxy"] [quote user="Prateek Sanjay"] To be fair, Keynesians such as Axel Leijonhufvud, Hyman Minsky.etc have done much work on debt deflation and acknowledge the same. Indeed, this is a hypothesis held by many Post-Keynesians.[/quote] What is their prescription to fix the economy if that is the case? [/quote] They
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prateek Sanjay on Sat, Aug 6 2011
  • Re: One reason the stimulus didn't work...

    To be fair, Keynesians such as Axel Leijonhufvud, Hyman Minsky.etc have done much work on debt deflation and acknowledge the same. Indeed, this is a hypothesis held by many Post-Keynesians.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prateek Sanjay on Sat, Aug 6 2011
  • One reason the stimulus didn't work...

    Of course, we know that the stimulus wouldn't serve goals of the millions of people in the market, being a top-down decision. But moreso, it didn't serve the goals of the ones who demanded the stimulus. It didn't bring any real price inflation. It didn't reduce the debt burden of heavily indebted firms in real terms. It didn't help
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prateek Sanjay on Sat, Aug 6 2011
  • Re: *** July 2011 low content thread ***

    Lithuanian politician crushes illegally parked cars with an armoured vehicle, for pure political posturing.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prateek Sanjay on Fri, Aug 5 2011
  • Re: London: "Any information relating to anarchists should be reported to your local police."

    [quote user="James John"]Anarchy will subsume the world one day regardless of who controls it now. Once information asymmetry is done away with, with the increased ability for information to travel, there will be no way for anyone to take advantage of market opportunity, then all we will have is peaceful cooperation[/quote] I don't think
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prateek Sanjay on Tue, Aug 2 2011
Page 1 of 136 (1359 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options