  • Re: Need a topic for a college paper on the mexico/us border

    Here is a speech by Jason Riley from the Wall Street Journal, who is no Austrian, but makes good observations nonetheless: http://www.reason.tv/video/show/wall-street-journals-jason-ril The speech is based on his book, "Let Them In: The Case For Open Borders", and addresses the top mainstream arguments against immigration.
    Posted to History (Forum) by freewheeler on Wed, Sep 22 2010
  • Re: Intellectual property

    http://www.theonion.com/content/news/report_yankees_trademarked_yankees
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by freewheeler on Tue, Nov 17 2009
  • Re: Intellectual property

    [quote user="Maxliberty"] This is a very good post. The anti information as property group have no answer for the theft of information dilemma. If the only penalty is trespassing when your valuable information is stolen then computer hacking and industrial espionage become basically legal from this libertarian perspective. An employee of the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by freewheeler on Tue, Nov 17 2009
  • Re: Intellectual property

    I'm not sure if this thread is being continued, but a thought came to me that I would like an opinion on: If what I said above about a contract preventing a person from releasing certain information is enforceable in a world where IP doesn't exist, i.e., the Coca Cola example, as the medium of the information (brain, mouth ) is property, would
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by freewheeler on Fri, Nov 13 2009
  • Re: Intellectual property

    [quote user="Maxliberty"] The Austrians believe that copying information is not theft because information can not be owned according to them. In the case of computer hacking, if the Austrians are consistent, then there can be no restitution for hacking into a computer and copying data. Even if there is some damage to the computer or loss of
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by freewheeler on Thu, Nov 12 2009
  • Ticketmaster / Live Nation - Government Barriers of Entry?

    I am reposting this since I did not get a response. I am hoping it was because I used a less read forum. If not, my apologies... I have been having an ongoing debate with a coworker regarding the tendency for monopolistic scenarios to be grounded in regulation and/or lobbying, and other government interventions. He believes monopolies are naturally
    Posted to General (Forum) by freewheeler on Mon, Apr 13 2009
  • Ticketmaster / Live Nation - Government Barriers of Entry?

    I have been having an ongoing debate with a coworker regarding the tendency for monopolistic scenarios to be grounded in regulation and/or lobbying (possibly redundant), and other government intervention. He believes monopolies are naturally occurring and the consolidation of economic power must be mitigated through force. He cited Ticketmaster and
    Posted to General (Forum) by freewheeler on Thu, Apr 2 2009
  • Re: Rebel Music

    Thanks.
    Posted to General (Forum) by freewheeler on Thu, Jan 22 2009
  • Re: Rebel Music

    The Kinks are great in this area. Some good tracks are: "Yes Sir, No Sir", "Mr. Churchill Says", "Brainwashed", "20th Century Man", "Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues", "Here Come the People in Grey", and "Mountain Woman". I am also partial to the popular "Fortunate Son"
    Posted to General (Forum) by freewheeler on Thu, Jan 22 2009
  • Re: Argument rebuttal

    I often take the angle of how private charities are crowded out by government, and donors are less wealthy from a tax system that takes half of their income. If and when they still insist that private charities won't do enough, I point out how there are very few lower end private schools as a result of the crowding out effect, yet they would do
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by freewheeler on Thu, Jan 15 2009
Page 1 of 4 (34 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | More Search Options