  • Re: The Aristotelean Monsters

    Anarchist Cain, Re R. T. Long, I agree.
    Posted to History (Forum) by jpg on Sat, Jul 11 2009
  • Re: The Aristotelean Monsters

    Well, the right person was watching; you totally answered my question. Thank you for your clear and careful response. I will read Tom Woods' book. I think I will be spending a lot of time on your blog.
    Posted to History (Forum) by jpg on Sat, Jul 11 2009
  • Re: The Aristotelean Monsters

    I see the the change. It does clarify. Thank you.
    Posted to History (Forum) by jpg on Sat, Jul 11 2009
  • The Aristotelean Monsters

    The Wikipedia article, Scientific Revolution , has this to say about "the Aristotelean scientific tradition": "The Aristotelian scientific tradition's primary mode of interacting with the world was through observation and searching for "natural" circumstances. It saw what we would today consider "experiments" to
    Posted to History (Forum) by jpg on Fri, Jul 10 2009
  • Re: Spell checker

    Jon, I found it. Thanks, jpg
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by jpg on Thu, Aug 7 2008
  • Re: Spell checker

    I doo haave onne. Itt iis eenablied. and i havie tshe dickshonary. IIt deosient apeer ot wrok innn ths forem. jpg
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by jpg on Wed, Aug 6 2008
  • Spell checker

    Is there one? jpg
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by jpg on Wed, Aug 6 2008
  • Re: Is abstraction necessarily a human action?

    That’s what I think, too. Korzybski also calls the assigning of names to objects and properties abstraction, though of a higher order. I don’t see that, either. Naming is not even remotely analogous to abstraction as I understand it. jpg
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by jpg on Wed, Aug 6 2008
  • Re: Is abstraction necessarily a human action?

    Jon, It looks to me like filtering. Your definition of abstraction implies choice and purpose. Do you take the position that abstraction is necessarily a human action (by Mises’s definition)? I don’t see anything in the physiological process Korzybski describes that could be called abstraction, except by analogy. I don’t see any grounds
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by jpg on Tue, Aug 5 2008
  • Re: Did Aristotle Pioneer Multi-valued Logic?

    scineram, For me, the excluded middle holds, even in cases for which it is not be possible to establish which statement of a contradictory pair holds. However, some people have argued that holding the view that one or the other of a contradictory pair of statements about future events is true commits one to the idea that future events are predetermined
    Posted to History (Forum) by jpg on Tue, Aug 5 2008
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options